Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can’t I add a second Charge 4 or a new Charge 5 to my account?  I have my old Alta on the same account as my Charge 4. I’m seriously frustrated right now. Thanks 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

This seems to be a limitation that was introduced with a new version of the firmware and has affected all fitbit models since. Fitbit say:

"Note that you can't connect multiple devices that use the Fitbit Gallery to one account. For Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Charge 4, Fitbit Charge 5, Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Inspire series, Fitbit Luxe, Fitbit Sense, and Fitbit Versa series, only connect one of these devices to your account at a time."

Taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715.htm

This restriction has been there for some years now so, basically, the feature that supports multiple trackers seems to be being phased out.

Best Answer

I agree! Have hesitated buying a new Fitbit due to this. So far only have my Alta hr charge 2 and inspire 2 on the account. Would love to buy a charge 5 but won’t until they change things! Very annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep. Good thing it’s easy to return things with Amazon. It’s disappointing because I like to rotate devices, but my Alta battery is at end of life. It’s also a bummer that they don’t include the altimeter on the Charge 5. I really like that feature on my 4. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the altimeter as well - I have the charge 3 and wish it had the active zone feature which my inspire 2 has so I mostly use it …. Unless they allow multiple devices I won’t buy another one but Fitbit isn’t listening! 

Best Answer
0 Votes