Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta HR is not connecting to the iOS Health app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I purchased my Fitbit, it was advertised to be compatible with my iPhone, but now I see that Fitbit has chosen not to join many other health-monitoring device makers wHo use the HealthKit API to integrate with Apple devices. I consider Fitbit’s statement of iOS compatibility to be deceptive and disrespectful to their users. This realization is becoming more common as I see other related posts. It has weakened the integrity of a company behind a line of good products. My question for this post: please provide a technical reason for the lack of integration. My current understanding of the reason is short-sighted greed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I hope you get an answer to this (but I doubt you will). 

Fitbit advertise compatibility to mobile devices and they are compatible with iPhones so I can't agree that you should expect compatibility with iOS Health.

I see fitbit and apple as rivals in this space so I'm not surprised that neither wish to integrate with the other - I doubt there's a technical reason. You could call it short-sighted greed but I would call it commercial sense. By the way, it's not just fitbit not wanting to integrate with apple, apple seem to be choosing not to use the open API to integrate with fitbit, so they are both to blame. 

You could join the many thousands who have voted for the feature suggestion to provide integration at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-Health/idi-p/319432

But note fitbit's comment there that they have no plans to implement this.

Best Answer
0 Votes