Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bluetooth keeps disconnecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit keeps disconnecting from my Bluetooth on my phone, I've reset it several times and it will connect then disconnect and erase my data. Idk if it's a phone issue or an issue with the Fitbit
Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

What do  you mean by "repair it?" Enable Notification Service?

Best Answer
0 Votes

no, i mean 'pair' it again.

if you open the app, hit the account/card icon in the upper right corner, then hit your device (which should show as "connected"), hit 'notification' - at that point, if you are having this problem, it should prompt you to pair the device (again)...hence, 're-pair' from/per my previous post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Per your instructions, there is no prompt to pair the watch. Thanks anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes
try uninstalling and reinstalling the app first.

Sent from my annoying iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 has never stayed connected to Bluetooth on my iphone consistently. Most of the time when I try to connect via Bluetooth, it fails. My older Charge 2 connects without fail & never comes disconnected. I think it's a Bluetooth error in my Charge 3. 

Best Answer

This was happening with your Charge 2 before Charge 3 hit the shelves. My Charge 2 never fails to connect to Bluetooth & it doesn't become disconnected. I had no sync issues.

I purchased the Charge 3 in Nov, 2018. It won't connect when setting up, won't connect when message says "Your Bluetooth is not connected in settings. Connect to Bluetooth"  It doesn't. It randomly connects & disconnects. I cannot keep "All Day Sync" turned on. When Bluetooth disconnects, "All day sync" shuts off automatically. 

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to continue providing assistance, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome aboard @tfreel, thanks for the suggestions that were shared in your posts. It's nice to see you again participating @Steve300 and @wybrowneyedgirl.

@Steve300 Thanks for taking the time to follow the suggestions that were provided by @tfreel. To better assist you, can you please let me know which iOS mobile device you're currently using to pair your Fitbit? Same for you @wybrowneyedgirl, please make sure that your device is compatible with our Fitbit products and services and try with a different mobile device too. Please keep me posted.

I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am unable to pair my iPhone 6s to my charge 3. This is very frustrating because until recently I was having no problems receiving notifications on my charge 3. I have reinstalled the Fitbit app on my iPhone. Turned off the Bluetooth for 30 seconds then turned it back on. The iPhone shows it is connected to the charge 3 and it syncs but I cannot get them to pair again!!!! Please help!!!! Thank you!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting the notification solved the problem. It didn't need to be paired or need to restart the app.

Thanks for the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you're from fitbit? I've been struggling with this issue for 5 months. Called support many times but its not on their script. This is the first time someone from Fitbit has checked in to the forum but still no value added.

Best Answer

Note, the forum is scrambling my post and reply combinations.

Best Answer

Hi @Samilighthouse, welcome to the Community Forums. @Steve300, nice to see you around. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

@Samilighthouse, thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3, and I'm sorry that you've had this experience. You did a fantastic job with the troubleshooting steps! To continue helping you with this situation, I'd recommend to remove your Fitbit devices from the Bluetooth settings in your iPhone. Once that is done, open the Fitbit app, tap the Account icon > your device's image > notifications and you'll be prompted to pair.

Once you've done the steps posted above, hold the left button for a few seconds and verify that the notifications are enabled.

@Steve300, I'm glad that the notifications are working now and thanks for your efforts while working on this. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and we'll make sure to keep working and improving.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has quit listing my steps - I have reset it several times and it did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @rdl2036457, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining the conversation, as well for your efforts while restarting your device. To confirm, do you mean that your Fitbit device isn't longer syncing your steps? If so, may I know if the rest of your information (distance, floors, active minutes) is syncing? To further investigate, please let me know the model of your Fitbit device, and your phone's model. Also, I'd recommend to review the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. Make sure the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth from other devices that are nearby, such as phones, tablets or computers.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and try syncing one more time.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't fix the problem. Note my Blaze was syncing until two weeks ago then stopped.

Best Answer

Hi @Steve300, I'm glad to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for getting back, and letting me know that your Blaze isn't syncing correctly. Do you see an error message when trying to sync? May I know your phone's model and Android version? Is the Fitbit app updated to the 3.0 version?

In the meantime, I'd recommend to remove the Blaze from the Bluetooth settings, restart it and proceed with the setup process as a new device. Make sure to turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Alta HR will not connect to my Bluetooth, it sync OK and than comes up as connected to Bluetooth and immediately says disconnected.

I have trouble shooted all I can.

It keeps saying check your  settings

Can any one help?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Alta HR  won't connect to my Bluetooth. It keeps coming across my screen saying Alta HR connect then disconnecting from Alta HR 

I have done all the trouble shooting but it won't connect 

It just my won't pair and says check your settings 

Can anyone help me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

check to see if there is an update to the app. I find that the fitbit app is designed to prevent pairing and syncing when a new version of the app is available. It may start working once you update the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

removing the Blaze from the bluetooth settings is useless because fitbit uses proprietary bluetooth configurations that are not manageable from Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes