Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app is getting worse and the fact that I have to download other apps in order to actually really use my fitbit is ridiculous.

What are my issues?

1) I have to delete and reload the app from my iPhone 7 (fully updated) at least once a week in order to get the fitbit to synch with the phone.

2) I have given up trying to set up the automatic synch, the app cannot find the phone to turn on the auto synch.

3) I deleted the app from my iPad because of the same synching issues

4) I have to use My Fitness Pal or some other app if I want to track my food or exercise properly.

a) I attend spin class but it never shows up as an activity in the app and I cannot find a spin class option in the insanely limited fitbit apps exercise library. Outdoor cycling I can find but not a spin class. My FItness Pal has a ton of spin options

b) I attend a body sculpting class but good luck finding anything in the fitbit app that describes the class or even circuit training. My Fitness Pal does

c) My Fitness Pal allows you to enter an entire recipe and then assign portion sizes when you use them, fitbit does not. Not only that, fitbit admin has flat out said in a topic discussing the need for this very basic feature that it will not happen.

Overall, the fitbit has become harder to use and the level of functionality has actually diminished. I should not have to use other apps in order to get the most out of this device. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ProfCrash, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it. Please remember that our team is constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we all very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

If you're having trouble syncing I would like to suggest some steps to follow in order to troubleshoot this issue:

• Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone once again by going to Settings > Bluetooth, then wait for 15 seconds and turn it back on.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices that might interfere with the syncing process.
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal.
  • Enable All-day Sync to improve the connection between your Blaze and your phone by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Your Tracker and scrolling down until you see All-day Sync.

If your tracker is still not syncing or if All-day Sync can't be enabled because the app is not finding the tracker, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be removed. 

To setup your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Additionally, please remember that if you're using more than one mobile device to sync your tracker, remove the tracker from the Bluetooth devices on each phone/tablet before trying to set it up on your main mobile device. 

Now, when it comes to the exercises you're mentioning, your tracker can automatically detect your activity and label it as a Workout; however, you can manually log in an activity and this activity will replace the Workout recorded and will use the data registered by the tracker. Spinning and Circuit training can be logged this way as they appear when you search for an exercise type. 

I hope this can be helpful, once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes