Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard and excessive battery drain.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are a number of posts on the product forums about excessive battery drain.

A common theme is recently updating to the new Dashboard.

Has anybody from Fitbit looked into the possible link?

Customer support has just been recommending replacing the Fitbits!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @MickU thanks for bringing this to my attention, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

I appreciate all the details that were shared in your post. Please take in consideration that the new Fitbit dashboard design will not affect the battery life of your Fitbit, the new dashboard will be reflected on your Fitbit app and not the device as well. That said, since the Fitbit device will connect with the app for syncing purposes, if the battery of your Fitbit device is not lasting as it should, I recommend you to check: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? for tips to prioritize battery life. 

For any inquiry related to our warranty procedures, please check our policies here

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried everything on the list and extended troubleshooting with customer support; unfortunately nothing improved the battery life.

I raised the question about the new dashboard, as one day I was getting 4-5 days battery life; the next less than 10 hours.

The only obvious change was the app software drop and dashboard.

There have also been similar posts for other Fitbit’s, raising the possibility of a link for a limited number of unlucky fitbits.

glad you are able to rule this out.

If this was just a battery degradation I would have expected it to be a gradual change and would not expect it to happen to a device only 4 months old.

many thanks

Best Answer

You're welcome @MickU, sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the information that was shared with me, your effort and patience troubleshooting this matter is appreciated. I'm happy to know that our Customer Support team assisted you with this situation, they informed me that a resolution of your case was provided, therefore, my best advise for you will be to contact them back if you have any additional questions of the outcome of your case.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else, I'll be around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the resolution? I'm having the same issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No real resolution to the problem.

They have replaced my Fitbit under warranty.

The reason I don’t class this as a resolution, is I’m  convinced this was not a hardware issue so could have been resolved without a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your update @MickU and welcome aboard @NikG, my apologies for the delayed reply. 

@NikG Sorry to know that you're experiencing the same. To move forward with you, can you please let me know if the steps that were shared in my previous post were already tried? Keep me posted.

@MickU Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, I'm happy to know that our Support team replaced your device based on our warranty policies. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you need anything else.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit for a while and never had this battery problem until the dashboard change and I do use an iPhone (NEVER been an issue).

My battery would last months and now it’s days or hours. Done all the ‘tips’ too though there was never a problem before. 

From what I’ve read on the forum y’all haven’t got a clue what the issue is and don’t really seem to care. Guess it’s a good thing I got a Garmin as back up though I did prefer the clip to wearing a watch style.

Best Answer
0 Votes