Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I can assure you the comments have been and continued to be reviewed and shared with our iOS team.  

As a reminder, I'm including our help article on the Fitbit app here.

Overwhelmingly, recent posts share the sentiment of no longer being able to revert back to the original dashboard and not having the option to choose. At this time there are no plans to revert access to the old Dashboard, but we always appreciate feedback on how to improve our app.

As a reminder, Please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Fitbit Update 8/17/2016

Beginning with version 2.26 of the Fitbit app for iOS, the new Fitbit app dashboard with an updated look is now fully implemented. You can no longer return to the old design. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the feedback we receive from our customers.

You can find information about the new app dashboard and how to start using it by clicking here.

Fitbit Update 5/25/2016

I'm very pleased to announce that iOS users who have updated to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App are now able to opt-in to use a preview of a new design of the Fitbit iOS dashboard!

One of my favorite features for this new dashboard preview is the quick log button in the bottom-center of the iOS App. This feature allows users to quickly: track an exercise, log food, log sleep, log water, send a friend request, scan a food barcode (if you are using the US food database), log their weight, or set an alarm.

IMG_1180.PNG

IMG_1181.PNG

Users can opt-in to use the new iOS dashboard design by:

1. Updating to version 2.23 of the Fitbit iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

2. Click the Account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

3. Scroll down and click the Advanced Settings button.

4. Toggle the Preview New Dashboard button at the top of the page on.

IMG_1179 2.PNG

Click here for more details and let me know if you have any questions!

Moderator Edit: Edited thread title.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
741 REPLIES 741
Ok, with the update to 2.24, now the +250 steps per hour tile shows 24 circles instead of the number of hours you had selected to monitor. Looks like the designers broke something....,,
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree with your sentiment. It is horrible seeing the banner permanently at the top asking you to "check out the new dashboard" !!!

FitBit - have you not heard enough feedback from your user base that we do not like your new design? And yet now you blind us with a pink banner every time we enter the app!!?

At least make the new dashboard functional. How hard is it to populate prior day's data??!! You have it all and you did it with the old dashboard so what's the programming complexity around this??

I could live with the new design if you just made it functional for use!!!

Please address this massive design flaw!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Good to know that the newest update (Version 2.24) pot a stupid banner up. I will NOT be updating!

Fitbit Software Editors: Do NOT force us to use the new and useless tiled version!
Best Answer
Hey there, I thought I was previewing the new dashboard, but it switched and now I cannot change it back?? I really really don't like the new one, I don't like the forced hierarchy ... Some tiles can be moved but others cannot be put in a higher position ... Anyway, can I switch back?
Best Answer
I want the old dashboard and now I am not seeing the option of changing back.
This is a terrible update!
Best Answer
Why does it now require Location Services and Background App Refresh to add "Track Exercise" to this new dashboard??
Please go back to old dash or give the option. Thank you
Best Answer
Agreed - Please remove the banner. I'm assuming this is a bug rather than a design feature otherwise I'd have to question your motives in trying to force a change to the UI that many of your users don't seem to want.
Best Answer
The tiles are using up valuable screen real estate. Scrolling is a must with the tile option. The text colors are too faint. I do not like it. What good is this hourly activity tile if it does not show the hours that I was active. There are lots of thing Fitbit could do for content and function instead of playing with the UI. It's mostly cosmetic but the powder puff was just unnecessary.
Best Answer
Fitbit, get this pink banner off the screen. Wasting my space. I read it and I testing the tiles last week and got rid of it.
Best Answer
Will this new dashboard have color changes as you work your way toward your goal? It's really disappointing to me if I can't see where I am with a quick glance.
Best Answer
I also do not like the banner! Does the Fitbit design team actually see and
pay attention to the forum posts? I would also like to see time references
on the sleep graph. It would be helpful to more easily identify times that
are more restless or where your sleep pattern is altered.
Best Answer

While working out, I check my progress on my FitBit iOS app. Because I do no wear my glasses while working out, I am unable to make out the reduced size data font/graphics in the new Dashboard. The new Dashboard is useless to me while excercising without my glasses.

Request: ...with the new Dashboard, PLEASE do not take away the option for the former Dashboard!

Also, with the current app, if I choose to stay with the old Dashboard, please allow me to remove the nag bar and have all of my Dashboard features back. Right now, the nag bar eliminates the top row of data which for me is the Steps bar.

Best Answer
Ok, I did as you demanded and checked it out. Don't like it. Now please get rid of the thing telling me to check it out. It's annoying and not making me feel happy with Fitbit. Why do software engineers always feel the need to tell us what we must like?
Best Answer
This pink advert for trying the new dashboard needs to **ahem** off. I've tried the dashboard, it's **ahem**ing awful, I've switched it off. If it makes it to the app fulltime without the option to switch back I'm getting rid of the Fitbit. I've done exactly as you asked me to do: tried the bloody dashboard. Stop asking me over and over again.
Best Answer

BIg thanks to everyone who posted about the stupid pink banner ad that won't go away for the new dashboard--you saved me from downloading the new version of the app and rage smashing my fitbit.

From what I've read, there are no good features to this upate that I am missing out on, correct?

Also, for those who have sampled the new dashboard since the update, they do not seem to have addressed ANY of the issues brought up in this forum or in the feedback in the app store.  Is this also correct?

Thanks again.

Best Answer
@Lyrehc Yes, no changes were made to the new dashboard and now there is a permanent banner on the old dashboard encouraging the user to try it out. For those of us that have tried it out and prefer the old one, it's quite annoying. The new dashboard needs some tweaking but as is Fitbit's MO, they will not make the changes. Fitbit does not listen to the users from my experience over the last couple of years.

Patricia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Very disappointed in 'new' dashboard design. You have obviously figured out that the key information —steps, miles, cals, floors abd active minutes— should be at the top BUT they are now SO SMALL and the typestyle in general is SO LIGHTWEIGHT that it makes them hard to read on an iPhone 6s. Fitbit needs to put some designers over the age of 45 on staff so they can 'get' something so fundamental to UX/UI design!! Form shoudl follow function!! If this isn't improved I'm very likely to move to another tracker brand when this ChargeHR dies and by most accounts they don't last more than 12-18 months so I am guessing it won't be long.

Best Answer
I do not have an edit button either. I am going back to the old dashboard until they get the bugs worked out.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you go back to the original??? Might appears to have changed
permanently 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into Account and then Advanced Settings and you should be able to toggle Preview New Dashboard to off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes