Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The new app version is badly programmed. Now they are owned by Google they have done what all big companies do. That is updates for the sake of updates, rather than because they are necessary. This involves adding unnecessary stages and moving things around, both of which make the users life harder. This process also involves the removal of features that were useful and the addition of bugs.

If it works, leave it alone.

A couple of problems with the new app.

1. When you got up in the morning the old app showed the current days stats, i.e. 0 steps etc. The new app shows the stats for two days before. Why?

2. The app does not update from the watch properly.  If you drag the screen down it performs an update cycle but misses things. Sleep is one of these things.

There are many more.

Problems occur because programs are written by university trained programmers, using program generators, who do not actually understand what they are doing or know how to test their code. 

There is currently a new IT con around Cyber Security.  Yes it does happen and we all need to defend against it. However the paranoia is way over the top as are the standards (Another self replicating industry). This has caused the 'Too many updates' problem.

I am the head of IT for a multinational company, who started as a programmer and still programs using proper languages and thorough testing. I was effectively an apprentice, starting as a trainee programmer and working my way up. I did not go to university, a decision I made at the age of 16. 

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0