Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone not showing some tiles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded to an IPhone 11 pro Max.

On my Fitbit dashboard it only shows calories burned. I cannot get it to show steps or miles. It is also not showing my sleep log. My old phone showed steps, miles, sleep, everything. Can anyone tell me how to fix the issue?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @SBaker56, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in you post. Since you're using a new mobile device, I recommend you to check our help article: How do I hide or rearrange tiles on my Fitbit app dashboard? to add the missing tiles on your Fitbit app dashboard. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the iOS version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried both things you mentioned and neither one solved the problem. When I clicked on edit the only option showing for activity was calories burned. I could not add steps or miles. When I deleted and added the app again the dashboard looked exactly the same. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @SBaker56, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for troubleshooting this situation with me, seems odd that you're experiencing the same difficulties even after troubleshooting your device. To further investigate this matter, can you please send me a screenshot of your dashboard? You can refer to this post to do so.

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We finally got it to work.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Thanks for your prompt update @SBaker56

I'm really happy to know that the issue was resolved, your patience with this is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if your require further assistance or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be around.

Since your issue was resolved, I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate. There are several users who are interested in fitness, healthy eating, better sleep, among others. I'm sure that they will be happy to meet you there.

It was a pleasure to help you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please share how you got it to work. I'm having the same problem with a new iPhone. The Fitbit and iPhone only display calories, not steps or miles. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @HikerShari - Did you look at the link posted earlier on How To Add/Arrange Tiles in theFitbit app? If not, please check them out. You should also check The settings on your Fitbit device. Which one do you have? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same problem with my new iphone 8 plus.  My fitbit won't sync to my phone and doesn't show steps, sleep etc.  I have tried all the above suggestions but none have worked.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Carol,

I have the Inspire. I tried a live chat with Fitbit, the guy said all I can do is export the data on my old phone to a spreadsheet. I’m very surprised all the data doesn’t transfer with the app. I will look at the link you suggested.

Thanks,
Shari
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carol, The link you sent was helpful for making a few adjustments I wanted to make. Unfortunately I don't think the data from my old iPhone can be imported. Thanks for your help. Shari

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ChrisBiz, It took me awhile to get my Fitbit to pair with my new iPhone. Is yours paired? Once that happened, the data from that day started showing up but apparently there is not a way to import the previous data to a new phone. I chatted with someone at Fitbit and his only suggestion was to export the data to a spreadsheet. See below from my chat:

HikerShari_0-1585263809375.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the export and it only picked up the data since March 24, when I got the new phone. Not the data going back to when I got the Fitbit in January. Disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your comments.  After a huge struggle I have finally solved the problem after realising my account showed no devices were paired.  I solved this by revoking my phone in the manage my data tab in my Fitbit account (via my laptop), then deleting the Fitbit app from my phone and reinstalling it for the umpteenth time.  On my newly downloaded Fitbit phone app I then clicked my profile photo and chose 'set up a device' to pair my Fitbit to my phone.  I think it has solved the issue though for some reason it hasn't updated today's data however the previous days seem to have changed.  My next problem is my phone app still doesn't show my steps which is frustrating as I can't find my step data anywhere.  I previously used step counting all the time and never bothered with calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that I've finally solved my sync problem Carol B's link above worked to restore my steps setting.  I had followed the solution suggested in her link previously but it hadn't worked.  Amazingly I am all set up and happy once again - phew!

Best Answer