Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No app available for iOS7?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son got a Charge HR for Xmas and apparently there is no fitbit app for his iPhone 4S (which is still on iOS7). The fitbit app insists he upgrade to a later version of iOS, however for some reason neither iOS 8 or 9 are showing under the Software Updates section. I presume this is because his iPhone 4S wouldn't run very well with the newer OS. I've read people recommending not to upgrade to iOS8 on the iPhone 4S as it slows everything down substantially.

Is there not an older version of the app he can download for iOS7?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

A warm welcome to our new friend @EllisB! Hope you're having a good day! Robot winkMmm this is weird cause if your son is using the iPhone 4S, I don't see any problem while using the Fitbit app, even if his OS is the 7. If you're not able to upgrade the OS to a newest version it might be due to that this is a bug that Apple is having at the moment, because it should direct you to a newer version but it's not doing it right now so I'd suggest you contact them directly. However, I'd definitely recommend considering updating to iOS 8 and then updating the Fitbit App. This older version of the App won't have all of the same features as the current version of the App. 

Hope this helps and Happy New Year! Man Very Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply Meylin.

Does Fitbit have anything against 11 year olds? I'm wondering why my son isn't allowed to create an account. It seems a bit weird you are perfectly happy to take his money (there is no age warning on the box I saw), yet deny him access to most of the features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @EllisB thanks for the update, you're more than welcome! Smiley WinkI'd like you to know that similar to many online services, our Terms of Service do not allow users who are under the age of 13 to create Fitbit accounts. Federal and State regulations prevent us from collecting data about children under the age of 13. However, I do really understand your point on this and appreciate any feedback you have so we can improve our services.

Thank you so much for your understanding! Woman Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes