Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to share exercise to Facebook

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Until quite recently, I used to post my exercise results to facebook. I did it by using the "sharing" icon in my IOS app, choosing "share elsewhere" then selecting the facebook icon. However, recently I have found that the facebook icon no longer appears. There is a twitter icon, a SMS icon etc., but no facebook icon. What's wrong?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @randytoad, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

You can confirm the steps to share your stats at How do I share my stats and accomplishments from the Fitbit app?

I'll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @randytoad, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

You can confirm the steps to share your stats at How do I share my stats and accomplishments from the Fitbit app?

I'll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you. It worked just fine.

--
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that
it is not utterly absurd.
Bertrand Russell
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @randytoad.

This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience! Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has not worked for me. I would really like to be able to share my activity and stats to and outside social media app such as Facebook. I’m still only able to share within the Fitbit app. I’m trying to get friends to join but if they can’t see my activities on Facebook they won’t even know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not working for me either in the last week 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @GoldnGirl530 @Jspring76.

Thanks for the details shared in your posts and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. According to the information from our team, it looks like you're using a new app look that we're trying out. Your Fitbit app may look different from your friend's. We're always looking to improve our products, so if the design we're testing is successful, you may see elements of it in a future version of the app. I appreciate your understanding. 

As an option, you can try these steps: tap the Community tab > tap the running man icon > tap Dashboard and share your stats. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The steps that you suggested has one major flaw at least in the latest version.  It only allows you to share the number of steps at that exact moment.  There's no way that myself nor my wife could see to go back and share the steps from the previous day, which is what my wife did when as part of her morning routine.  Is there a way to share information from a previous day or earlier?  It was very discouraging for her to not be able to share her progress (and give Fitbit free advertising).

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @fyao.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and feedback. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. If you would like to share your previous exercise, you can tap the exercise log and then tap the icon on the top of the screen next to three dots in order to share the exercise. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife would like to share her steps from a previous day, but the new version of the latest version of iOS app seems to have removed the "Share" icon from the steps screen, and your previous suggestion of doing it from the community screen doesn't work because the community screen only lets you share the current number of steps, not from a previous day (or at least it seems that way).

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @fyao.

Thanks for the details shared, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback as it helps to keep improving. Feel free to visit our Feature Suggestion board to share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved. That way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support, and our team can take it into consideration. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This info finally solved the issue. I am glad it is still possible to share but it's unfortunate it's buried in the community tab and that the new location of the share function is not more widely publicized 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kelcimcdowell.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the information in this thread was helpful. I understand how you are feeling about this change and appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I can't believe they buried it there! I never would have thought of looking there. Fitbit should have let us know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I found this. I am so done with FitBit at this point. I am going to seriously consider another brand when this one dies. If history is any indication that will be in about a year or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes