Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I revert back to a previous Fitbit app version?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This new firmware patch has completely messed up my Caloric Expenditure. How do I revert back to an older version?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @augustmosco 

I don’t think you can revert back to an older version of the Fitbit App. I do understand places like Uptown offer you the ability to do so but your doing so at your own risk. No one can promise they are not riddled with virus or other issues. 

Hopefully the issues you are experiencing will be dealt with quickly and resolved in an upcoming update directly from the Fitbit Team. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MegaBite, I was thinking the same thing about the next update, but how long is that going to be????????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh gosh @augustmosco 🥴 I have no idea actually.

I don’t work for Fitbit so I wouldn’t know that information. But, by reading some of the threads here on the Fitbit Community I do hope it’s soon. It seems to have a lot of issues that need ironing out quickly for sure. 

🤞🥴 Hopefully soon is the best guess and answer I can provide. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@augustmosco   I looked at your profile because you wrote firmware patch.  I see that you posted the identical comment in the Versa 3 forum.  Fitbit is rolling out a firmware update to the Versa 3 and Sense.  If you tap on your profile picture > Versa 3 tile and see 128.6.17, then you have received the new Versa 3 firmware.  You cannot undo this change.

To the best of my knowledge, v 3.64 is the current version of Fitbit app for iOS.  Mine hasn't changed in some time, which is a few weeks in Fitbit app terms.

Based on when you wrote your posts, I don't think this has anything to do with the Fitbit mobile app.  Although I've never done it, I've read that Apple lets you download previous versions from the App Store.  It is listed as a "purchased" app, even if is free.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you LZeeW , I checked and I'm running version 128.6.12. Are you saying I should wait for this update?

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@augustmosco   I wear a Versa 3 and haven't received the firmware update.  So I don't know what is included.  There are many who recommend waiting a week or so to download any new firmware, whether it's for your Fitbit, phone, anything.  That decision is up to you.

But since you have the same firmware as I do, how is your calorie expenditure messed up? 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes