Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Day 1 syncing worked with iPhone 6. Day 2 no longer syncing. Tuned iPhone off and on, turned Bluetooth off and on -- no success. Sync just says "Waiting" and "Last sync yesterday 1859". Help!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SwissPAB thanks for joining us! Reading that you were able to get it working by restarting your tracker was like a ray of sunshine! A restart definitely does the trick sometimes. Way to go! Happy stepping!

@Mahaynes I suggest restarting your tracker just like @SwissPAB said and post back with the outcome!

Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22
Me too hasn't worked right since I updated with their new software
Best Answer
Hi, got it working by resetting the watch.

Regards,
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SwissPAB thanks for joining us! Reading that you were able to get it working by restarting your tracker was like a ray of sunshine! A restart definitely does the trick sometimes. Way to go! Happy stepping!

@Mahaynes I suggest restarting your tracker just like @SwissPAB said and post back with the outcome!

Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
How do you restart the tracker?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @sender1054, I've noticed you are new around, so let give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Well you can find the instructions either on the link provided by my friend @MariamV on her post or the article provided by @SunsetRunner on your other post

The restart process will vary according to the tracker type, but on your other post about syncing issues you mentioned you have a One, so to restart a One you need to do the following:

1. Plug your tracker into the charging cable, which needs to be connected to your computer. Please make sure that the gold dots on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger. When you hear a click, you will know your One is in the charging cable properly. 
2. Hold down the button on your tracker for 12 seconds. 
3. Remove your tracker from the charging cable. 
4. Press the button on your tracker until the screen lights up.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi

I am just now experiencing the same problem of not syncing and the time is not correct as well.Was working last week but stopped tracking steps for past week. Was out of country and not sure if the time zone changes messed it up. How do you "restart' the tracker or reset the phone. sorry I'm technically challenged 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Not sure how you do this. I have the same issue. Please explain how I can reset my watch or tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I tried this process following your instructions. Iseem to get a very small bar (thing rectangle like the battery grahic but long and thin) half filled. No data shows up. Since this comes up I am having the problem of syncing my fitbit and also it is not showing the steps on my dashboards (phone and pc). Date is correct but time is not- shwoing pm 4:35 for instance when it's now 6:53 am on Oct 14th.

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Najmai, good to see you around and I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue.

If you are seeing a thin bar on the screen of your tracker it means there is a firmware update, nonetheless if your tracker was updated the the last firmware version, it will mean an error on the internal software of your tracker.

To restart your tracker refer to my previous post if you have a Charge or Charge HR tracker.

Regarding the incorrect time is possible that your Timezone is not properly configured or it might be related to the fact your tracker has not synced.

So I recommend to take a look at this other post for: Syncing troubleshoot for iOS devices.

Give it a try, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

My Fitbit is not syncing. It worked fine until yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizPer welcome to the forums! If you haven't already I suggest restarting your tracker by following the instructions in this link right here

Also, I leave you with further troubleshooting steps for syncing issues using the iOS app. Good luck and keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have restarted my HR, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app - both to no avail.  I've follwed all the instructions I could find to address my syncing problem, to no avail.

What can I do now?  Any additional suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NikkiSt welcome aboard! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue beforehand. Sounds like you've exhausted all possible troubleshooting so the best course of action would be contacting our Support Team for further assistance. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. When you contact them please let them know all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to fix this. By doing that you'll be helping them provide you with a quick follow up. Good luck and keep me posted! Smiley Wink Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am constantly having syncing problems. Even though restarting my device works it seems only a temp fix. I also lose all my steps etc that were event before I restart the device. Come on Fitbit this is not a satisfactory solution. You need to fix this problem or I will have to switch to another provider 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suze57 thanks for joining us in this thread. Please verify that you are using the latest version of your Fitbit app. The latest version was released on March 7th and that's the version 2.33.1. Also I suggest checking out this post with further troubleshooting steps. I really hope this helps. Keep me posted with the outcome! Smiley Happy Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Mariam thanks for your reply. I do have the latest update and this device is supported so I will see whether this occurs again. It did happen twice within the last 7 days and over 2 weeks again happened again twice in a week plus odd occasions before that. Not entirely convinced the problem is resolved but will watch for now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Suze57 thanks a million for getting back to me and for troubleshooting this as well. Yes, please! Keep an eye to your tracker's behavior and let me know if it happens again. I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Well it's happening again. It has not synced for at least 6 hours. I am really frustrated as every time I start it up I lose all my stats for the day. 

I'm so frustrated that this continues to happen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really frustrated as yet again my Fitbit is failing to sync and has not done so for 7 hours. Is this really fit for purpose? This device is less than a year old and is not enjoyable anymore. What next Fitbit?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes