Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving step goal notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am no longer getting notifications from Fitbit such as if I met my daily step goal or weekly exercise goals since June 17, 2018.  I get texts and phone call notifications 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @JanB1959. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your tracker not giving you the notification when you reach your daily or weekly goal 😕

First, I would recommend making sure that you haven't modified your goals. For this, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon at the top right corner of the screen and here, tap on Activity. Here you can check the goals and just make sure that yours are correct.

After that, try giving your Alta HR a quick restart and see if this helps. You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Keep an eye on it after that and let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I tried the reboot and still not getting any notifications

I did a reboot on my Fitbit and still not getting any Fitbit notifications or messages. 

Still not working properly to give Fitbit notifications. I have rebooted twice. Kind of bummed. Last notification was June 17, 2018

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

My last notification was June 17 as well. Issue? How to correct? Have rebooted.  I haven't changed anything. It just stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Tkristo and thanks for getting back @JanB1959! 🙂

Now, when it comes to in app notifications not showing up on your Fitbit app, based on customer feedback, we stopped showing notifications in the Notification Center. You can continue to receive these notifications as push notifications by turning on Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications. Additionally, ensure that Notifications is selected in your iPhone settings. 

Hope this helps and if you need anything else, I'm here to help!

PS. I'm moving your post to the iOS app board for categorization purposes

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I am not receiving my step notifications on my Fitbit Inspire, last notification 6/17. This is unacceptable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why am Inot receiving step goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a new Inspire and do NOT have an iOS or iPhone; I use the same dongle I used previously with my Alta. I also have stopped receiving notifications ON MY FITBIT when I achieve my daily step goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine never did fix itself. Stupid item.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im not getting my step goal notification either on my Versa 2.  In fact I haven’t had any notifications for a while, not sure how long though.  
Is there a setting on the Fitbit Versa 2 or In the app to change it. 

Debbie

Best Answer
Each time I charge mine I hold the button down until the screen goes black, keep holding it until you get a smiley face...really. It resets it and , for some reason this makes it keep getting the text messages and goal messages. I spent way too much time on the phone with their tech support, time I will never get back...but one woman told me to do that, and it has helped. Sometimes I reset it in between charging it, if it seems like I am missing texts or something. Their tech people blame it on iPhones, they say it is not their fault. Hang in there!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply to my plight.
Is your watch a Versa 2? I’m not getting a smiley face, but I am resetting it, I just get the Fitbit logo.

But I’m afraid it’s not making any difference. I have an iPhone too, so we tried it on my husbands Huawei phone and I managed to get phone calls but not texts either. But I lost all steps, heart rate and everything. Argh! This is doing my head in.

Back on my phone and checked everything but still no messages.
At least I’ve got steps again.

Thanks for Your suggestion though. So you say it’s not worth calling Fitbit themselves?

Regards Debbie

From Deb
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same problem on my brand new Luxe that I've only had for 2 weeks. It used to vibrate 10 min before the hour of I hadn't done my steps and now it doesn't. I used to vibrate if I met goals, and now it doesn't. I have not changed anything, it just stopped. My charger cord doesn't have any buttons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes