Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week my charge 2 accepted texts from my phone. This week it won't. Says it needs to be paired but every time I tap setup it fails. Does anyone have a solution?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Gardener25, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Have you restarted your Charge 2 recently? If so, let's try to reset Notifications on your tracker:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app, then tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable them once again. If a pop-up appears asking to pair Bluetooth, please accept and proceed, make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the process.
  4. Go back to your tracker's menu and make sure Reminders to Move is enabled as well.

Then, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.
  • Alert Style set to Banners or Alerts.

Finally, make sure your Charge 2 is not currently in the Do Not Disturb mode. To check this, press and hold the button while in the clock face, a vibration and a message will let you know if Notifications have been turned off or on. 

I hope this can be helpful, give this a try let me know the outcome!  Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Greetings,
I tried everything. Finally just by chance I went back into notifications within the Fitbit app on my phone and the screen came up to turn on calls and texts. That screen wouldn't come up before. It is working again. Thank you.
Cheers,
Rebecca

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @Gardener25, I hope you're doing well. I'm very glad to know your Notifications are working once again, thanks for taking the time to reply and update me. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if you need anything else, please feel free to reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

im finding it extremely frustrating to have to reboot my phone and fitbit charge 2 after every time i charge it...i'm having to delete it and start over almost everytime and notifications are in and out and usually not working...thinking of going back to my old flex, or a different tracker all together and forget about the few added features this has, as the aggravation is not worth it..is there any secret?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @205677, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

Do you have the Bluetooth on constantly on your phone? If so, my recommendation in this case will be enabling All-Day sync in the Fitbit app. Simply go to the app, tap on the account button on the top right corner of the screen, then on your tracker. Scroll down and enable All-day sync. This will improve the connection between your tracker and your phone as long as the Bluetooth is on. That way you won't have to reset Notifications, your phone or your tracker each time you charge it. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes