Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications red dot won't go away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t delete notifications on iPhone Fitbit app and showing red dot on notifications but won’t go away? Any ideas please

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Habbsy. It's nice to have you on board!

I've moved your post to this new thread in the iOS board, so you can receive more related responses about this situation, as well to keep our forums organized. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and let me help you with your inquiries. Currently the messages that you received in your Fitbit app aren't able to be deleted or removed, instead, they are automatically removed after 30 days, or when you receive new messages. This is the same with the cheers and taunts your friends send you.

About your other inquiry, our team is aware about this red dot appearing in the notifications tab from the app. They're working on this situation to bring a solution to all our users. While there isn't a time frame when this fix will come, be sure that your comments will not go unnoticed.

If you need anything else, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer

I have been following several threads on this subject as I have the same issue. I do get text & call notifications on my Fitbit so not a big deal, just frustrating to not be able to clear it out. No new notifications on the app since June 11 and the red dot remains. Tried all prior suggestions & was hopeful the new version of the app would resolve the issue. Unfortunately not so want to keep this thread going. I have the InspireHR with an iPhone XS. Looking forward to a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The messages aren't deleted after 30 days. I have one that's been there for 251 days now. And I still get the red dot telling me its a new message. Every time I open the app. It's ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @twitlaw. Welcome to the Forums! @Lisa1531 It's nice to see you here. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for joining this thread and sharing that you're having the same behavior with your Fitbit app. I know how you're feeling about seeing a red dot in the notifications tab, and I'm sorry that you're having this experience. Our team receives every feedback posted in the Community to improve our services and overall environment, and your comments will be passed away. Currently I don't have a time frame for the fix, and I'll update this thread once I have more details.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem.  Continuous red dot. What’s the point?

Best Answer
0 Votes