Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not getting my text messages to pop up on my Fitbit Alta. I I even went under the notifications category and made sure that everything was on properly. Please help!!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thank you for responding!! I have an I phone 6s and I did allow it to sync. I don’t know what’s wrong but if you could respond that would be great!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@24oneiav-

Did you sync your device after verifying the notification settings? Kind of a silly question, but it needs to be asked.

And I believe it is important to know what mobile device you are using and what version of operating system it is using.

There have been many reports regarding notifications across quite a few of the newer model phones and/or new operating systems on those phones that previously had no problems.

While I have a newer phone, it is not on the leading edge, as I really don't need the larger size device. I spent the money on more memory for my music.

And I am delaying upgrading my iOS due to a reported issue with heart rate reporting on the current iOS version.

And probably because of the above, I have no issues with notifications.

Either way - welcome to the boards. Hopefully we can help you once we know a little bit more.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding!! I have an I phone 6s and I did allow it to sync. I don’t know what’s wrong but if you could respond that would be great!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

How is this considered resolved?? I don't see any solution. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem for months, and couldn’t find a solution. 

But it once I turned on Show In History, mybtext messages started showing up on Fitbit. Banners and Show Previews don’t mean anything. 

IPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Adam37, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I'm very glad to hear that after enabling "Show in History" in your Notifications settings your issue got resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

im having the same issue.  They were working yesterday and now they have stopped working,  Ive checked all my settings and they are turned on. Any help would be appreciated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have looked in every menu option on my iPhone XS  and I see no option or show in history anywhere. Instead of giving kudos to a wrong answer could you please help all the customers  Who you ignored, who clearly  aren’t getting the answers to get this resolved because we continue to ask.  Is there somewhere where we can get step-by-step instructions on how to reset and solve the problem of not getting text message and phone call notifications on my phone to my Fitbit. I have a charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Some1Answer thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Keep in mind that after iOS updated to the version 11, Show in History was removed from the Notifications Settings of every app. If you're still having trouble with Notifications on your device, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and and check that the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

If your device is still not receiving Notifications, please check this post with further instructions that I'm sure will be helpful.

Give this a try and in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes