Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutrition Preferences Keep Resetting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I went into my nutrition preferences and went through the options of how much weight I wanted to lose and how quickly I wanted to lose it and pressed done at the end. When I immediately go to my calories in vs. calories out tracker, it shows my meter as yellow (which is correct as I am under calories for the day). Once I click away from that screen to anywhere else on the app and click back to the calorie meter, it is red and is not showing my calorie preferences any longer. I go back to my account nutrition options which I originally set up and it is asking me to set it up again as if I never did it in the first place. I have set it up multiple times now and it keeps resetting and is making it very hard to understand my calorie deficit/goals/standing for the day. Even without the preferences set up if I have eaten under in calories the meter is still incorrectly red. Surely this is a bug?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there  @DarbyMegan, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Thank you for bring this issue to my attention. I wonder if you can share some screenshots to have a closer look of this issue? Use the first part of this other post as reference if you need more help to upload images.

Once you have configured your food plan, note that is not require to do the process again, if is asking you to do this, make sure you have the latest update of the Fitbit app. If you do, then try force quitting the app:

1. Log out from your Fitbit account and double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and log back in and try again.

As additional information, note that your food  plan estimate your calorie burn for the day and increases or decreases that number if you're more or less active then usual throughout the day. Since your calorie budget is calculated based on your daily calorie burn, your calorie budget will fluctuate. Meaning as the day progresses your calorie budget fluctuates based on your activity, increasing when it projects you will exceed your average daily calorie burn.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes