Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS X 10.12 (Sierra)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm happy to report that after upgrading to Sierra, there are no sync issues, as with El Capitan.  The dongle is recognized using the current version of the Fitbit Connect Client, 2.0.1.6801.  Unlike the El Capitan upgrade, there are no issues that require reseating the dongle with each system restart.   Scott

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

My fitbit is not synching since upgrading to Sierra.  😞  

Any ideas?  

Best Answer

@Diana1103 wrote:

My fitbit is not synching since upgrading to Sierra.  😞  

Any ideas?  

Specifics.. Syncing with the dongle included with your fitbit and the current client software?  Having your smartphone or device that isn't seeing daily step counts?  Or, logging into the fitbit site is failing to reflect a sync while viewing the dashboard?  My upgrade to Sierra was seamless, while your account suggests a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's not recognizing the synch dongle.
I've taken it out and plugged it back in several times.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diana1103 wrote:
It's not recognizing the synch dongle.
I've taken it out and plugged it back in several times.

You should be able to check the status of the dongle by clicking on the fitbit icon that appears on the status menu of your display (upper right).  Navigate to "troubleshoot" and it should recognize the presense of a dongle as well providing the installed release of the connect client.  With my experience, it shouldn't matter whether the dongle is plugged in to a USB port on the motherboard or a hub.  Hope this helps, and if not, you may wish to contact fitbit technical support.  Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Scott. When I go to the fitbit icon, it doesn't show the presence of the dongle.
It has an exclamation point next to the fitbit icon. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to our Community @Diana1103 and thank you for the great help @wtwolf.

If the dongle is not being recognized, this text will read "USB Dongle Disconnected". If you have the dongle plugged in and are still seeing this message, please try plugging the dongle into another USB port on your computer and see if it is recognized once again.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

Welcome aboard to our Community @Diana1103 and thank you for the great help @wtwolf.

If the dongle is not being recognized, this text will read "USB Dongle Disconnected". If you have the dongle plugged in and are still seeing this message, please try plugging the dongle into another USB port on your computer and see if it is recognized once again.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be around.

Agree with RobertoFibit, try changing the USB port while I have little doubt the results will differ.  In my particular case, the "!" associated with the fitbit icon on the Status Menu was exactly my problem with El Capitan between boots.  Once reseating the dongle in the same USB port, the "!" disappeared, normal sync pursued - until a subsequent OS boot.  I have not seen that behavior with the recent Sierra upgrade.

Best Answer
It's working!
I turned the bluetooth on and off on the computer and the iphone.
Unplugged and plugged back in the dongle several times and voila!!
It works again.
Thanks so much everyone for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @wtwolf and I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved @Diana1103

Indeed, if your computer has native Bluetooth and you are going to use the dongle to sync, is required to turn off this option as it will interfere with the wireless sync dongle, since only Macs can sync with Fitbit Connect over Bluetooth.

Robot wink Good to hear you are able to sync now. Catch ya later.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

Hi there @wtwolf and I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved @Diana1103

Indeed, if your computer has native Bluetooth and you are going to use the dongle to sync, is require to turn off this option as it will interfere with the wireless sync dongle, since only Macs can sync with Fitbit Connect over Bluetooth.

Robot wink Good to hear you are able to sync now. Catch ya later.

Roberto,  That brings up an interesting question.  If I understand correctly, it's required to disable bluetooth on the Mac when using the Fitbit supplied dongle to perform sync operations?  I am using bluetooth (Mac desktop) for both a magic trackpad as well as a wireless keyboard, while my Ultra is syncing by way of the dongle.  Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @wtwolf, thank you for bringing this up, and I should be more clear about my previous comment.

When you are experiencing these type of issues, is probably due to the Bluetooth signal is low and it might be required to turn the Bluetooth off, so your dongle can sync with no interference. If the signal is strong enough like in your case, it should work with no hassle.

See you around fellows.

Best Answer
0 Votes