Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Fitbit To Keep Data Synchronized Notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/22/2019:

Hey all,

Today we've released the latest Fitbit for iOS app version 2.94. In this new app version, we've temporarily disabled this notification "Open Fitbit to keep your data synchronized." We will continue to assess all the user feedback and work to improve this experience.

Please update the Fitbit app if you haven't yet. I'm now closing this thread from further comments. Thanks again for all your feedback! 

Fitbit Update 5/13/2019:

Hi Everyone- Based on customer feedback, we are working on an update to the notification and hope to have further information to share soon. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your feedback.

Fitbit Update 4/18/2019: 

I've merged a few threads together. Receiving the notification "Open Fitbit to keep your data synchronized" after closing out of the Fitbit app is expected behavior. The Fitbit app needs to run in the background in order to enable features like all-day sync and notifications. If you are double tapping the home button, or swiping up into multi-tasking, and then swiping to close the app, you should see this message.

I appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to the team. I hear that you are unhappy with this notification. Our team is aware, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future.

We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products. We're sorry for any trouble. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 5/22/2019:

Hey all,

Today we've released the latest Fitbit for iOS app version 2.94. In this new app version, we've temporarily disabled this notification "Open Fitbit to keep your data synchronized." We will continue to assess all your feedback and work to improve this experience.

Please update the Fitbit app if you haven't yet. I'm now closing this thread from further comments. Thanks again for all your feedback! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
257 REPLIES 257

Latest update is sending an annoying and ridiculous notification. Every time you shut down the app it sends a notification telling you to open the app. This is incredibly annoying and redundant, please stop this notification 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

I am a Versa user with iOS 12.2 on a Brand New iPhoneXR and all of the sudden yesterday after my Fitbit App updated, now when I close my Fitbit App I get a “Open Fitbit To Keep Data Synchronized” Notification.  I’ve had this Versa for a few months now and all of the sudden this started happening.  And it happen with All Day Sync on and off.  I’ve also restarted my Versa and it’s still happening. How can I make it stop??? Please for the love of everything help me make it stop!!

Best Answer

Could be 1 of 2 things:

1. Is your phone in battery saving mode?
  2. Have you checked the app permissions in settings to make sure background app refresh is turned on
Best Answer

Phone is not in battery saving mode and   background app refresh is turned on.  I did look and see that the app update was downloaded yesterday and now all of the sudden after the fitbit app update this notification started.  

Best Answer

Hmmm I was having some issues with the notifications always showing, so have delete and reinstalled the app. I know that is a different issue but I wonder if doing the same would clear your issue too as it could be a permissions issue with the phone not allowing your fitbit to connect outside of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same issue   

Best Answer

Count me as one more with the issue. This started immediately after an app update, and it is very annoying. I've tried turning off some of the notifications in the Fitbit app, but that did not work.

Best Answer

I'm having the same annoying issue. It started right after the app was done "cleaning itself up" after the update.

Best Answer

Yep, same problem here! The app cleaned itself up and then this notification started happening. Haven’t been able to find a fix yet, hopefully it’s a glitch they’ll take care of soon!

Best Answer

I just updated my app and opened it to check my steps. It did the cleaning up it always does after the update, and now I am getting that same notification. I hope they find a fix for it! Its not the WORST thing ever, but its annoying

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue, it’s getting annoying 

Best Answer

How did this feature make it into the app?  This is very annoying. How do we shut this feature down?  It’s so annoying it could be a deal breaker.  

Best Answer

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here and gosh is it annoying!

Best Answer

Iv had the same problem since my clean up, what i did was press and hold the notification, then a small box appears top right hand side, click that, then you can select, quiet in the background or turn off all notifications, i did the quiet in the background and it stopped coming up on my screen

Best Answer

Yeah I forgot to list that as having already done it... Still happening. 

Best Answer

I have since been in contact with Fitbit and they are looking into it. Also let them know, that I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue! It is a pain! I hate when I see hold on tight we’re cleaning up. Cause you know there is problems.

I deleted app restarted my phone and still happening. Please help! I’ve been with FitBit since 2013 and now is not the time to be messing up. Fix the problem ASAP(doesn’t mean “as slow as possible”) either. 

Best Answer

Count me in as another annoyed Fitbit user.  Fix it fast please!  I will turn off all notifications if it doesn't stop soon.

Best Answer