Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to log a mindfulness session

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit, I’m happy to see that you have a new mindfulness section in the app. I often do mindfulness sessions on my own and would like the feature to log a mindfulness session versus only using the mindfulness activities in the app to log one. Can this be added just like it is to all the other features? Thank you!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I completely agree

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this feature been added yet? 🥴

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be great if there was an Application Program Interface (API) into the mindfulness logger. I use the Centering Prayer app for my meditation. If it could be launched within FitBit mindfulness, it would provide a seamless experience.

Best Answer

This is now 2022. I’m SORRY this issue has not been resolved. How 20th C of the company to expect experienced meditators to only do guided meditation. Wait, I take it back. How 19th C if them. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I agree. I would like to log my own meditation times instead of using a guided session. Shane

Best Answer

I am new (or back) to Fitbit and am in the same boat as you. It's very annoying. I just sat for the last 15 minutes searching out similar requests, and found at least one with like 400+ votes, but it was back in like 2020, I think. Or maybe before. As I understand it, preliminarily, a "feature suggestion" has to get enough votes in order to get onto the Fitbit developer table for discussion even.

SO ... given that, I am now looking for a place / way to sort of 'gather' as many like-minded people and funnel us into a single place to try to UP that vote count. I'm guessing 400+ is not enough since it still hasn't happened and it is nearing the end of 2022.

If I can make the time (lots going on in life at the moment), I'm going to keep trying for this. I'm going to bookmark your comment, so that maybe I can update you. Basically, I'm going to "try" to make this a personal project because it feels THAT important to me.

Best Answer

Please keep us posted, MMaria, about how this project is going (if you have time). I’d be happy to add my name and comments to the effort. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 😃 it's been a couple of years now. Could we get an update on getting this feature please? 

After 2 years of people asking, it seems like fitbit doesn't want to give us this feature. On top of the frequent malfunctions, it will be easy for another brand to poach me as a customer. 

Best Answer

I FIGURED IT OUT! HOW TO MANUALLY ADD MINFLDFULNESS SESSIONS ON FITBIT. 

1. Activate your watch

2. Click EDA scan

3. Cover your watch with your opposite hand from the beginning till the wind of the session

4. Click "Log". This will save on your phone 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey!

Have you tried downloading the 'mindful' app? 

It's a free timer that imports the data into the mindfulness area of your Fitbit

All the best

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an iPad to interact with the FitBit app.  The Mindfullness tile opens; however the suggested mindfulness sessions will not open.

Consider associating the titles being offered as links instead of supplying the titles in a list before links to start a desired session.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be helpful to be able to open content from alternative sources in the Mindfulness tile.  I stored brain wave meditions on my iPad.

Best Answer