Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to use GPS on iPhone 6s

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to track where I walk. The only apps I use are for directions.  Which app would you suggest to track where I have gone?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @alfish, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that if your tracker doesn’t have GPS or you just want to leave it at home, you can still generate maps of your activity and capture other GPS data using the Fitbit app on your mobile device. This feature is called MobileRun.

If you'd like to use MobileRun on your phone with the Fitbit app, please check the following requirements:

1. First, make sure you can track your run, walk, or hike when you're out of Wi-Fi range:
    1. Open Settings and tap Cellular.
    2. Make sure Cellular Data is turned on.
  2. Next, ensure that your GPS can continue tracking when your phone is locked:
    1. Open Settings and tap General.
    2. Tap Background App Refresh, find the Fitbit app, and make sure it is turned on.
  3. Lastly, make sure your phone can identify your location:
    1. Open Settings and tap Privacy.
    2. Tap Location Services and make sure it’s turned on.
    3. Find Fitbit in the app list and make sure it's set to While Using the App or Always. If you choose the Always setting, MobileRun will automatically restart when unexpectedly interrupted.

Working with the GPS sensors in your phone, MobileRun calculates distance, elevation, and pace for your walk, run, or hike. When the activity is done and you sync your tracker, you'll find all the data and a GPS map of your route in your exercise history. To start an activity through MobilRun:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the + icon.
  2. Tap Track Exercise, and then tap Track at the top of the screen.
  3. Choose your activity, either Run, Walk, or Hike.
  4. If you want your phone to provide voice cues during your activity, tap Cues to set the voice cues you want to hear, and the frequency and volume of the cues.
  5. If you want to control music from the Exercise screen during your activity, tap Music Control and choose your music settings. During your activity you can skip songs but you can't select a specific song.
  6. Tap Start. At any time during your activity, swipe left to see the GPS map.
  7. When you're done with your activity, tap the Pause button and then tap and hold the Finishbutton. An activity summary shows your steps, distance, active minutes, and calories burned as calculated by the sensors on your phone.​

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes