Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent/kid view

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the parent and kid view that’s being mentioned for the new kids Ace work for other models as well? When I upgrade I pass my old one to my kids. It would be awesome to have us linked on a family account. Or is it only available for that model?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

@Dsnymom  I'm not sure this will answer your question, but this link to the Fitbit Blog has the most I have seen about the Family account.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Dsnymom. Hello @LZeeW.

@LZeeW Thanks for chiming in to help.

@Dsnymom Any questions about that functionality are much better suited for the Fitbit Ace board. Having said that, at the time we don't have more to share beyond the press release and blog. We will be able to provide more clarity around family accounts closer to the upcoming release date.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am dying to know this too, I just bought both of my kids brand new alta hr fitbits for easter thinking that it would be perfect for them, they're done with the little kid ones, they're getting too big and too cool for them. I didn't realize that they couldn't use them and now I have some very expensive fitbits for them that I can't set up. I don't want to have to go buy another two new kid fitbits as I just bought these. I wish I would have known this, it never occurred to me there wouldn't be a way to be a parent and setup kid accounts to feed off of my current account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mind me asking why it is you can’t set them up for your kids?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lindzbythesea and @Dsnymom.

As mentioned before, at the moment we do not have much to share regarding the Fitbit Ace or the family accounts. 

Any questions about his would be better suited on the Fitbit Ace board. So I would highly recommend that you post about it in there.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or there is anything I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I would need to set them up adult accounts and lie about their age to do it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dsnymom  In the US, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act restricts setting up accounts on Fitbit, Facebook, etc.  You must be 13 and older in the US.

@lindzbytheseaIt would be a violation of the Terms of Service to set up accounts and lie about the ages.  Better to wait until the Family Account is available.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello @lindzbythesea and @LZeeW.

As @LZeeW mentioned, it is part of our Terms Of Service and has a lot to do with COPPA.

Please be patient on the matter. At the moment we don't have any news on it but we will share more details as soon as we can.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still waiting with $300 of fitbits sitting in their boxes still. I am at the point where I want to return them and leave your company behind. All the kids want to do is track their steps with the other kids at school, I have been waiting since March now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any way to exchange for the new Ace instead which is the only current model to be set up with the kid account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think so, unless Fit bit would do it, I am out of the return window for them, I am so annoyed, they made it sound like there was a family account coming that any tracker could be paired to the family account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lindzbythesea and @Dsnymom.

As I mentioned before, the best place to discuss these type of situations is on the Ace board.

At the moment we do not have anything to announce in regards to the children's accounts being usable with other devices. Perhaps you could look into voting and commenting on this suggestion to allow other devices to be used like that.

If you have any questions on the way the Feature Suggestions board works, you can read more about it in here.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am annoyed by this as well.  I was planning to pass my fitbit alta to my 11 yo daughter.  I set up the family account and for children it only shows the Fitbit Ace as the only option for the child account.  So I can't buy myself a Fitbit Alta HR and set up the new one for me.  Instead, I have to purchase the new Fitbit Ace for her if she wants her own fitbit account on her mobile device.  Many parents pass down their old fitbits or old tables/phones in order to upgrade.  With phones, we can set up a child account using our old phone.  So shouldn't we be able to pass down our old fitbits and use that for the child account?  Why does fitbit limit the child account to only the Ace?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jadegreentiger, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to check @thewarden1618's suggested idea to implement this feature in the future. Feel free to vote and comment on this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer