Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position and number of icons at the bottom aren't consistent

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately, the number of icons appearing in the menubar occasionally changes (the "Premium" icon sometimes shows and sometimes does not). Additionally, and more troubling, the position of some of the icons change. I was used to the "Today" icon being located furthest to the left but lately, occasionally, the "Discover" icon appears there.

Could you please keep the position/number of icons in the menubar consistent so I am not forced to constantly check them every time I open the app? It is really degrading the user experience for me.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@muddygrey  Good feedback! We're doing a phased rollout of a tab bar reordering to all iOS users on 13.3+. The Today tab should be on the far left going forward. Can you let me know if it's back in the center for you and what OS version you are on? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit Currently, I have three icons in the tab bar they are, in order, Discover, Today, and Community. I am running iOS 13.3.1. Hope that info helps.

Best Answer

@muddygrey -

As @KateFitbit stated, it is a phased rollout. It could literally take days for the change to hit you.

I was experiencing changes in not only the order in which the icons were placed, but also the number icons - from two to four - over a period of days.

It has been stable for the last 24 hours plus at, left to right, Today, Discover, Community and Premium.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@muddygrey thanks for calling this out and the follow-up, I let the team know. It should be stabilized soon with the Today tab residing on the left. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit -

It appears I may have spoken too soon in saying the icons had stabilized. 

While I had four icons as of about 30 minutes ago, it has now changed to three in the order Discover, Today and Community.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Several months after this discussion first started, I am experiencing this still. IOS 13.6.1

Best Answer
0 Votes