Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile step goals incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi so I've finally gotten round to adding friends on my Fitbit app. When they see my profile it says my name with my picture and then underneith it says 6 steps. Now my goal is set at 10,000 steps and I've logged more than 6 steps today so I don't know why it says 6.

Any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Loglan Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Is it still showing 6 steps or is it now tracking more? I will recommend to restart your tracker to help remedy this problem. Also, to check the dominant hand setting. If it is set to "non dominant" means that it is going to be more sensitive to step count. Check the last section of that article for more details. For more accuracy, you can also adjust your stride length. After doing all of that, your tracker should be tracking the right amount of steps.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank. It has gone up today. I wonder if it gives an average step count. I know I hadn't used my Fitbit for a while so if this is the case it was definitely going to be low. I'll check the hand setting and look at the stride. Thank you 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes