Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "Begin Sleep Now"?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Versa 2 and started using it a couple days ago.  I wasn't getting the sleep statistics (deep sleep, REM, etc).  Digging around the help screens I saw where you shouldn't use Begin Sleep Now in the iOS app.  I did this the first couple nights, not knowing better.

My question is when would a person use Begin Sleep Now?

Why is it there?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

"Begin sleep now" could be useful for a tracker without heart rate monitor that can use heart rate to detect sleep.

Also, and this is just my own usage not anything from Fitbit, sometimes I use it when I am going to take a nap less than 1 hour.  Normally Fitbit will not detect naps of less than an hour, but 'begin sleep now' gets around that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I had the same issue.  Biggest question is WHY does Fitbit have this obvious option with no explanation in their user manual?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw an answer on a different board that makes sense. It’s like a journal function.  Some people track sleep religiously. For times the tracker won’t track sleep ( short naps), a person can tap the “start sleep” button to  manually track the time slept. Also, if you are charging your Fitbit overnight, you can still record how long you slept. Nothing else makes sense to me. Unfortunately, this manual option apparently overrides the automatic function.

Best Answer
0 Votes