Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow logging food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last 2 weeks or so logging food has been so slow it can take 15 minutes to load or not even at all.  I’m able to type in the product and choose from the list but the last step after selecting my product where I input measurements and add to food log doesn’t load...just has the small loading circle going until I give up.      This is so frustrating please can anyone help me? 

I don’t have storage issues on my i phone, have perfect reception and wifi. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot the Fitbit app. Let me share this issue started affecting some of our members and it was escalated to our team so they work on it. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Your feedback is also appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed. To receive updates about this matter, please check and subscribe to this new thread

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread. However, If you have another question you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @elisabethodea 

I see you’re having trouble logging your food at the moment. Let’s try Force Shutting the app and a restart. Here’s how:

log out of the Fitbit App

completely shut down your device, wait 1-2 mins then restart your device 

once your device fully loads enable your Bluetooth again 

now log back into your Fitbit App as you normally would with your email address and password 

sync your device 

now try I’m putting your food choices

😃 please let me know if this resolved the issue of logging food and if it does could you please tap the “Choose as Best Answer” box just under my post? Doing so really helps other individuals who come to this community looking for answers to questions similar to your own. I’d really appreciate it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou very much for your help. Unfortunately I have tried this twice and it hasn’t resolved the issue.  When I select my food the small loading circle will be there for several minutes sometimes not going away and loading at all.     Are there any other options?    It’s so frustrating because I use my food log daily and have never had issue in the past. 

Best Answer

hello again @elisabethodea 

Can you tell me your iOS device name, model and version. It might help me assist you better. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

sure it is an apple iPhone 6 Plus updated to software iOS 12.4.3

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @elisabethodea 

Thank you for the device information. I was thinking maybe your iOS device was not compatible with the new Fitbit App but your device type clearly shows on the list of compatible devices. I looked twice just to make sure. Maybe you can try reinstalling the Fitbit App. You won’t lose any data doing this. It wouldn’t hurt to try. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. sync your Fitbit Tracker

😉 Maybe a fresh reinstall will do the trick. Please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this advice.  Sadly it doesn’t seem to have made a difference and logging food is still painfully slow to select.  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @elisabethodea 

Can you make sure your updated to the most recent update on both your Fitbit App as well as your iOS device.

Best Answer

Hello, 

yes both are updated to their latest versions 😞 

Best Answer

I’m so very sorry about my slow response @elisabethodea. This slow logging is very odd. Thank I you for verifying your device and your Fitbit app is up to date. The only thing left that I can think of is trying to remove your food tile from the main page, do a complete shut down as I described in my first post then once you sign back on add your food tile back to the main page by going though “Discover” on the bottom left. Is logging food through the online Dashboard just as slow?

keep me posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m facing the same issue on my iPhone 5S, iOS 12.4.2. When I try to add new food from the database, the Food log screen just goes blank. I have observed that if I just leave it like that then may be after a few hours, it may allow me to actually add that food item. Then if I try to add another new food item, same issue again! Please note that I have tried restarting and reinstalling options but no use. And this issue was not observed in the first few weeks that I was using the app, it has started happening recently after some update in the app, so clearly it’s a bug in the app. Is the Fitbit team actively working on resolving this?

Best Answer

I have been having this issue constantly when I try to log a food item after a manual search.  After I search and select the item, sometimes it will allow me to log the item after it sits for a while, and sometimes it's just a fruitless endeavor.

Now as I was sitting here waiting to log and ham and swiss sandwich, I searched and found this thread, then signed up to add a reply and had to change my password.  After changing my password and closing the Fitbit app and re-opening it, putting in the new password, the app is no longer slow.  I don't know why this would change things, but it has done something, for now.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @elisabethodea.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. Thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. I appreciate your efforts and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging out and logging in again worked for me. Thanks so much for sharing!! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KomalD.

I am glad to hear that logging out and logging in helped you resolve the issue. Thank you for posting the update here. I appreciate your time and feedback. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to help a little bit the five or 10 minutes to reboot sense and iPhone is almost worse than the time it takes with the icon spinning.  I’ve done systems development for 40 years, and this is clearly a bug. When you find a record in a database there’s nothing else to do except a post pick it up and post it. This is not rocket scientist stuff get some good quality control and fix it

Best Answer

Clearly the bug in the software has something to do with your security settings. I had similar issues with a very slow response time trying to log food. When I tried to get into this community it would not recognize my password so I had to reset my password.

Clearly you have a bug in the software that is not recognizing some condition. If you want to force people to change their password you need to send them a message to that effect. Also when I reset my password and then try to sign into the app I can’t get into the app. Again clearly some bug. Not sure if I’ll have to reset password again or delete the app and reinstall. Whatever, this is the kind of stupid result of having poor quality control in yourself software development. 

Best Answer

Hi There, I'm having the same issues. Ive tried everything suggested and still no results, it wont load new food at all. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue when logging a new food from barcode scan. The app never adds the food. I found that it works instantly after canceling and rescanning the barcode. This is very clearly a bug that Fitbit seems to have no interest in fixing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot the Fitbit app. Let me share this issue started affecting some of our members and it was escalated to our team so they work on it. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Your feedback is also appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed. To receive updates about this matter, please check and subscribe to this new thread

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread. However, If you have another question you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes