Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When adding a new food from the food database I just keep getting the spinning icon. This is happening more and more so frustrating when you are trying to log your food. Have tried logging out of the Fitbit app. Shutting the phone down then logging in again no success 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for every step tried on your own, as well as sharing the steps that worked for you. Because this issue started affecting some of our members, it was escalated to our team so they can work on it. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know your feedback has been passed along to keep our team informed of this situation. To receive updates about this matter, please check and subscribe to this new thread

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread. However, If you have another question you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can also check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
181 REPLIES 181

Auto recognition (bar codes) on food labels is being captured however, it continues buffering for ever and never recognizes food .  Also, when I type in food it will not work. It only works when I use a “saved” food already logged.

Best Answer

Hello @minitor may I ask what phone model that your asking for help with? I'll be glad to move your post to the proper board or I could move it to the Healthy Eating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 6

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Maisiemugwump.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. 

For more information about tracking food, see How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @minitor @Rich_Laue.

@Rich_Laue Thank you for your support.

@minitor Thanks for the details shared in your post. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.
  6. Try to log food. You can confirm the steps in How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

If you continue experiencing this issue, please uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app. 

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

lately I have entered food into my caloric input but Fitbit just hangs during the search. Is there a problem with your servers this last several days? It is irritating.

Best Answer

Ok so my food database is still not working I’ve shut down the Fitbit app and reloaded it. I’ve followed a previous post and their solution.  Nothing works.  This is a basic part of my weight loss routine logging food and I’m getting so fed up with this not working 

Best Answer

Recently the fitbit app just spins when I log new foods using the barcode or by entering the names. Also, the calories are not updating when food is added. I logged off the app, restarted phone, completely deleted the app and re-added it.. same issues. Phone and app are up to date. Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @cdaughe1.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I would like to confirm if you're not able to log foods at all or they appear after the difficulty you're experiencing? Do the calories get updated after some time? Please let me know your phone's model and OS version so I can further investigate.

You can find more information about logging food in How do I track my food with the Fitbit app?

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When scanning a barcode the app will spin then shut down. When logging a food manually it does one of two things: logs with no calories and does not update calories at all or it logs after a long period of time. 
When selecting from recent/frequent  the app will log accurately. 

ios 14.4.2

iphine 6s

thank you. 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 14.4.2 and Fitbit 3.41.1 (1050). I have found it slow to add food...really slow. Sometimes it adds food at 0 calories and I have to edit the food by changing the quantity and then back again for the calories to appear. Even when I use the scanner it can sometimes take several minutes to find the item. I have tried all the following and it doesn't help: force close the app and reboot my phone, logout of the app and force close it and reboot my phone and login to the app, delete the app from my phone and download it again for the App Store.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

I forgot to mention that I have a Fitbit Change 4 version 48.20001.100.34.

Best Answer

I am experiencing major delays when I try to log foods - it even occurs when I try to select from recent or frequent lists.  Sometimes it works fine, then the next food won’t populate.  I’ll wait for minutes for the food to open up before I give up.  I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the app; I’ve resynced it; but the problem persists.  Also I’ll look back on a log and see things have recorded multiple times.  I didn’t have this problem with my Versa - it started after I got my Versa 2.  

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @cdaughe1.

I appreciate the additional details and would like to advise that our team has started releasing a new version of the Fitbit app which brings fixes to bugs and improvements. I recommend to download it once you see it available to see if that changes anything. You can confirm the steps to update the app in How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Maisiemugwump.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and would like to advise that our team has started releasing a new version of the Fitbit app. I recommend updating the app when you see the option available as updates come with new features and bug fixes. You can confirm the steps to update the app in How do I update the Fitbit app?

Hope this gets you back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently running Fitbit 3.41 (1046). Are you saying an update will occur after than version? If so, when will it be released? I know you said the team 'has started' but could you provide a specific ETA on availability? It makes a difference on continuing to use fitbit app or transitioning to another app that is not riddle with glitches.. Thanks. 

Best Answer

So, how much longer is this update or bug going to be fixed in the iOS app it’s getting a little ridiculous now it’s going on 3 1/2 weeks. There is inaccuracy of food logging, scanning, food logged recognition, and finally, no tabulating of zone minutes, it takes days to catch up. What’s next?   This is turning into a nightmare, nice transition to google ☹️.  I would appreciate some feedback regarding this, apparently, I am not the only one with these concerns, thank you ! Btw, your suggestion regarding rebooting everything was tried several times before your response.

Best Answer

I have been having this exact same issue for a few weeks now. If I log out, force quit and restart my phone then log back in, the food database will finally load but only to allow me to log 1 food. After that, it is back to the endless loading spinning icon. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, but the same thing happens, I can log 1 thing and then nothing else after than until I log out and restart the phone again. I have installed the most recent update to the app and still, it has not solved the issue. I’m not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @jrasmussen.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and would like to confirm if you have the app version 3.41.1. To see which version of the Fitbit app you have, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top. Please let me know the model of your iOS device and the OS version for further investigation.

Looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes