Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When adding a new food from the food database I just keep getting the spinning icon. This is happening more and more so frustrating when you are trying to log your food. Have tried logging out of the Fitbit app. Shutting the phone down then logging in again no success 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Rsullivan13.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and try to log food: 

If the issue persists, please provide the model of your phone and the OS version. I will be glad to investigate further. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello! Yes, I am using the app version 3.41.1. My device is an iPhone 6s and I am running iOS 14.5. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @minitor.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I would like to advise that our team has released a new version of the Fitbit app (3.41.1). You can check which version of the Fitbit app you have by doing the following: tap the Today tab in the Fitbit app > your profile picture > Help. The app version is at the top. To update the app, please follow the steps in  

If the issue still persists after that, please provide the OS version of your phone. I will be glad to investigate further. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still acting up.  I have an iPhone 6s and the software was just updated (14.5).

thanks, 

Rachel

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @cdaughe1.

I appreciate the additional details. I understand your concern and would like to advise that the new version 3.41.1 has been fully released today. Please check if the issue persists after updating the app. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer
Hi I got fed up with it’s constant failing and bought the Nutracheck at extra cost and it synchs to Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

On 4-29-21 I am up to IOS 14.5, i’ve deleted snd re-installed app, reset network settings on iPhone, clear all Safari cache (I know, I know), removed all my location history (just in case) and rebooted the phone. So far, nothing. Next will either be to completely reset snd restore or call support.

---------------

I aldo tried deleting app cache. Nothing.

Best Answer

My iPhone 6s just updated to iOS 14.5 and the Fitbit app is version 3.41.1 (1050). My Fitbit Charge 4 recently updated within the last 4 or 5 days to version 48.20001.100.34.

I am still having a problem with slow and sometimes never being able to input my food. Whether I select from the recent or frequent list, start typing to search, or use the barcode scanner doesn't seem to matter. It's 50% chance it's going to work or I just get the spinning wheel spinning constantly.

Also, I'm still having a problem with the calories not properly being displayed. When selecting recent or frequent food, the "previously eaten with" list all shows 0 calories. To fix it I have to select the quantity and change it to make the calories appear. I can then change the quantity back to the original quantity and the calories are properly calculated/displayed.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I've forwarded your comments to our team so they can further investigate this situation. I'll update this thread once I receive more details. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Please note that I've merged your posts to this single thread to keep our forums organized. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3.41.1 (1050). My Fitbit Versa 2

Best Answer

The Fitbit app update did not resolve the problem. What next?

Best Answer

Is this only happening with iphone6? If delete and reinstall the app what is lost in the data. 18 MOs of food logs are at risk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 6 - have done the force close and restarting phone; sometimes works but not long term. Slow food database and v slow water log registering entries. Started about a month or so ago. If only affecting iPhone6 then FB not supporting that device since Apple no longer updating the iOS?

Best Answer

It had started with my Charge3 about a month or so and is worse now with my Charge4 that I got 3 weeks ago. IPhone6 not 6+ so iOS is 12.5.2 but phone says it is up to date

Best Answer

FB app updates 3 days ago - since then hard close and iPhone start several times - still slow database and water log - no change

Best Answer

I'm also experiencing this slow food log issue.  I have the latest version of iOS and Fitbit app.  I use an iPhone X and 90% of space in my phone is free. This is an IOS issue because I have no performance problems when logging food using the W10 app.

----------------

A work around while Fitbit tries to fix the issue.  I didn't experience any issues logging food using the W10 app.

Best Answer

Version 3.41.1 (1050) is the one most everyone is saying they lave with IOS 14.5

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the performance issue months ago and the performance has just been deteriorating since.  At this point the feature is just unusable.

Best Answer
My Charge3 worked with database all of last year but I noticed the response began to slow earlier this year. Using the Charge4 made no difference and the response is worse now. Google? iPhone 6? Fitbit? Or?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer