Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When adding a new food from the food database I just keep getting the spinning icon. This is happening more and more so frustrating when you are trying to log your food. Have tried logging out of the Fitbit app. Shutting the phone down then logging in again no success 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

I also am having same problem as jrasmussen. I did same troubleshooting and still having same issues. I am running on an iPad mini 4 ios14.5. Fitbit version 3.41.1. 

Best Answer

Any updates?  This is obviously one of the most popular features for Fitbit users so I would assume high priority has been given to resolving this issue.  As another commentator noted, my experience with Fitbit has been deteriorating rather than improving with time, enhancements, buying upgraded version (Versa 2 now).  I never would have invested in another Fitbit.  

-----------------

FYI I’m also finding I have to go back through old logs to clean it up as some things will eventually show up as repeats.

Best Answer

I’ve already done all this and no difference. I am now ip to iOS 14.5.1 and no difference.

if i wait ling enough, it does come back with the lust and then when I select item, it goes into la-la-land again. I actually just keep doing it out of sheer stubbornness but I feel like stepping on my Versa 2 and just pounding it to a pulp!

Best Answer

Anyone have recommendations on where to put negative product reviews for the public (not closed Fitbit community)?  I went looking and found other posts in this forum about other problems people are having that reminded me that I had those issues too (bands breaking easily, etc).  I’d rather warn of potential new Fitbit users.  I’m really disappointed as it had the very features I want but when I can’t rely on it.  Also open to any recommendations for other similar products people would recommend as I know some of you are probably much more tech savvy than I am.  Thanks 

Best Answer

Same for me. Even when I log on the desktop app and sync with my phone, the info doesn't transfer. This is very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem (iPhone 6) and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I guess that would be Fitbit social media sites which are public. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make it so you can type in the name of something that exists in your database, and have it come up as an option. Right now I can only find things by scanning them. Scanning is not always convenient, as sometimes I prepare food while my phone is elsewhere, then type it in after I've eaten. Now I'm stuck fishing through trash to find the barcodes.

I used to be able to type "Coca-Cola Zero", and find the correct entry to add. Now I'm stuck with "soda, diet", or "soda, cola" for options. They both are incorrect for calories. If I scan the can, it comes up fine, so I know the info exists in your database. This is one of many examples. I should be able to type and find anything in the database.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to update my initial complaint about the inability to log food items and some of them having 0 calories until I modify the quantity. There has been some improvement in that sometimes when logging food I get the blank page with a spinner for about a minute until data appears. Sometimes there is no delay, I would estimate it happens about 50% of the time now. Some of them still also show with 0 calories until I modify the quantity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The food tracking has become a disaster! I am suffering the same issues as outlined in these posts plus others. When will the update be issued to fix this extremely annoying problem?

Best Answer

I have the same issue and it is terribly annoying.  Surely someone can fix it!  I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it still spins until it shuts down on any food I select that I haven’t previously used. 

Best Answer

I don't know what operating system you have, but I have an iPhone 6 with version 12. something.  (dinosaur, I know). I installed the app on my husband's phone (iOS 14.2) and it works just fine. Just an FYI not a fix. Good luck.

Best Answer
I am finding that other apps are not working with the 6 (eg Chase photo deposit)
So that might be the issue although others have had same problem with iPhone 11.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, iPhone 11 and iOS 14.5.1. It’s been barely useable since the unwanted videos were added 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same issue. App is up to date (seems to have happened on one of the last updates). I have an iPhone 11 that is on the latest iOS. About 10 seconds for the food button to even work. Then 1 min to forever for a newly looked up food or barcode to land for logging. Even the data seems wrong behind it. I logged 1/2 of a Wegmans grain and seed bagel this morning and it credited 243% of Vitamin C. 

Best Answer

Have done this and it does not work?

Best Answer
I have an IPhone 8. Thanks for your reply!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LiliyaFitbit,

any updates for those of us waiting for this issue to be resolved?  Would a free upgrade to Versa 3 for affected users fix the issue? Can you confirm we can get a full refund if this issue isn’t fixed very soon?
thanks

Best Answer

I can’t get the item to load in order to log when I try to log a food item on the list. 

Best Answer

I’m finding using the food log infuriating at present. You find the food by searching, but when you click on the food, you get the wheel of doom and it never loads. Even food on my recent / frequent and custom lists aren’t always loading. Please tell me this can be fixed? I’ve rebooted my phone etc and it hasn’t sorted the problem. 

Best Answer