Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red notification dot

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I open the fitbit app on my Iphone, the red notification dot lights up to tell me there is a new notification or message, when there is not! 

All messages and notifications have been read, opened and so on.. When I tap on the notifications, the red dot disappears, just to show up the next time I open the app..

Does anyone else have that "problem"?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes it started occuring with the release of the latest app update (on Apple devices at least).

Fitbit have been made aware of it.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Yes it started occuring with the release of the latest app update (on Apple devices at least).

Fitbit have been made aware of it.

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

Driving me nuts🤬 I hope they sort it out!! You can’t even delete the messages!

If anyone knows of a fix, or how long it takes them to sort these things out...

Best Answer

Hello @LiekieLiek and @LyssaJB, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @seantnash, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Please note that as mentioned by @seantnash, our team is aware of the situation and is even though they might not be able to provide an immediate solution, they're actively working on the issue. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

has this issue been resolved? I’m having the same issue. 

Best Answer
Not that I know of... I received a reply from Fitbit, and they stated they are working to resolve the problem. It could take some time though. I’ve tried everything from signing out and in, removing the app and re-downloading it, restarting my actual Fitbit, etc. The red dot re-appears every time telling me I have messages that I’ve already read and can’t delete. I’m sure they’ll sort it out eventually 😕

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @peepka and @LyssaJB, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Please note that as mentioned earlier, this is an issue our team is currently investigating. Once we have more information to share with you about it, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Much appreciated 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It’s now March, still no answer to the red dot :red_circle: problem?

Best Answer

It's been a few days since I last seen the red dot actually... Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still there

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is now August and it is still there. Also not able to delete old notifications and new ones I should be getting are not coming. 
Best Answer

I'm still having this issue... and it's been months and months. Has anything been done about this??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got rid of the red dot by touching each notification individually until I found one that was evidently unread even though I thought I had read them all and could see no evidence by looking at it that it had not been read.

Michele
Best Answer
0 Votes

However I still have not figured out how to delete old notifications and I don’t seem to be getting new ones. Anyone know how to manage notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It had been 8 months and this is still a problem. It should not take this long to fix a bug. When is this going to be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Open all old notifications one at a time. Mine went away after I did that and it has not come back.

Michele
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to scroll to the left of each notification and delete,

But Red dot still there.

Best Answer

I’ve still got the red dot with no notifications present

Hot steppa
Best Answer

I also still have a red dot. It’s annoying. There are no messages or notifications to view. 

Best Answer