Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing calorie deficit goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the account tab I put in a calorie deficit goal but instead of changing it I want to remove it altogether and I can't seem to do that. Please help!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @JillyBean94, have a warm welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us. 

In order to remove your calorie deficit goal please try the following:

• On the next screen tap on Food
  • Open the app and tap on Account > Nutrition & Body.

CalDeficit1.png

• Then click on Help me set a Goal > CalDeficit2.png

• Make sure the Goal Weight matches your Current Weight.CalDeficit3.png

Click on Next until you finish setting the Goal Weight and the summary shows you wish you mantain your weight. This will remove the Calorie deficit goal and you will see reflected with 0.

I hope this information can be useful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

All this does is make the calorie deficit goal 0, but still tells you how many calories you should eat in the day. I have the same issue - I want to restore the original settings where there was NO goal. 

I don't want to be told how many calories to eat. I just want to know how many I ate and how many I burned. I am confused why the Fitbit would come installed with a default setting that you can not go back. I am extremely frustrated and have been on the phone with two representatives for close to an hour now - was very satisfied with my Fitbit until today. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as dben823; I used to have a calory goal but now I just want to monitor calories in vs out, without fitbit marking it is under or over. However I can’t remove the goal. Whereas with water I had simple remove the number of ML in calories I have to choose a number between 1000 and 5000. How can I remove the goal altogether?

Best Answer
I got in an intense argument with Fitbit over this. “There it nothing you can do” is what they told me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was able to get the food tile display resolved after having a very helpful conversation with customer service. This solution will return the tile to only displaying the calories consumed, but isn't a perfect fix.

Log out of your fitbit app.

On the website, select the food plan from your dashboard. Click the left arrow to display the "food summary" and then "edit plan." Click through the options until the calorie goal page and select "set my own calorie goal" and then enter a calorie amount. (I know that the base issue is that you should be able to delete having a calorie goal altogether, but that's not an option.) After you hit save, then log back into your fitbit app.

This cleared the annoying "you can eat X more calories" and returned the tile to the original display of just how many cals have been consumed. If you click through to see the details of your food consumption it will say how many cals have been consumed, burned, and what the goal is.

So, not a perfect fix, but is better than anything else I've seen offered. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StephRidiculous, @SunsetRunner and @dben823, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@StephRidiculous, I appreciate you have taken the time to join the conversation and let us know the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support Team, I'm sure they will be helpful for @SunsetRunner, @dben823 and other members looking to remove the calorie deficit goal, thanks for sharing them. 

If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having trouble with this too.  I can not remove the calorie goal.  I only want to see calories consumed compared to calories burned.  

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.  Users should be able to remove or a zero calorie deficiency selectable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I figured out a way to remove the deficit. As stated above make a new goal, but make your goal to gain weight. Then save and it will change the settings to a 0 deficit. Then make a new weight loss goal. Adjust the date and apply the weight measured on that day. I have a aria 2 scale which made this easy.  Then it is back to default.  Hope this works for someone else. 

Best Answer

Didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes