Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated calendar notifications throughout the day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I make it stop sending notifications?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147
I did find that all of the holiday notifications in my calendar had a
default reminder for midnight. So that is why those come through all day
long. I turned off all of those reminders, but I still want reminders for
my club meetings and things. So today, I’ve been getting reminders all
day for book club tonight.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I just arrived at the same decision today, when I received 6 notifications of an event, 4 of them AFTER the event. I never set up calendar notifications in Fitbit, and it won't stop. Next fitness tracker won't be a Fitbit. 

Best Answer

This happens to me constantly. Hitting “clear” does not work, but syncing with my phone seems to work. I hope this helps.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Mine is also seeming related to the bluetooth coming in and out of range.
It only happens for events that are full day events in my calendar. I turn
notifications off for the day as a workaround.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have turned off notifications for holidays (who knew they were there) and
birthdays, so my issues have declined considerably. But I still get
repeated notifications for meetings and appointments, which is different
from your experience. And it is not necessarily coming on and out of
Bluetooth range. I am not moving, and they still happen. I think the
Bluetooth connection is unstable.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How did you turn off notifications for just birthdays and holidays?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I am working on using my phone less, so this is not a good solution for me, but it helps in my decision about not getting another FitBit. Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha, that's my plan as well. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. If you haven't tried so, I recommend restarting your Fitbit device, clearing the calendar notification, syncing your Fitbit device and deleting the notification from your phone's notification center. For more information about notifications, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LiliyaFitbit,

The suggestion you posted has been posted multiple times. I have done what you suggest multiple times. 

My understanding is as follows:

1. This is a software defect introduced sometime in the last half of 2019.
  2. This specific problem is related to notifications for day long calendar events and bluetooth connections to the Fitbit device.
  3. When the Fitbit device comes back into bluetooth range of the phone, the fitbit will redisplay daylong calendar notifications. It has forgotten the notification has displayed on the Fitbit device.
  4. The problem is exacerbated when the Fitbit device is just on the fringe of bluetooth range of the phone. In that instance, calendar are are sent repeatedly as the devices come in and out of range.
  5. This specific problem is not intermittent. It can be replicated on demand.
  6. In my case I am using a Fitbit Charge 2 and an iPhone Xr. All apps are up to date on the Iphone.  I cannot make a statement regarding any other configurations/combinations.

Can you confirm you understand the above information? Can you please escalate this to a Fitbit team member who can research this further?

I'm a big fan of my Fitbit. It pains me to see this long standing issue not being addressed and seeing others in the forum considering other solutions. 

Marty Acks  

Best Answer
Exactly the same for me. All day events from my Google calendar. iPhone
XR and versa 3.

Unfortunately the “grey zone” for Bluetooth seems to be the distance from
my kitchen to my bedroom, so every time it loses or acquires Bluetooth I
get a notification. Often a dozen times while I’m trying to sleep
Best Answer

Thanks for posting this Marty, and requesting attention by someone who can resolve the issue.

I was going to stay with fitbit, especially as my main motivator buddy also uses that and we do daily challenges. 

However, I am prepared to part with a company that is unwilling to resolve an issue for over a year.

Thanks again,
Maria

Best Answer

I went to each one, and if it had a notification, I deleted it.  I don’t need Fitbit to notify me about those, just for meetings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This "best answer" is NoT good enough! This issue has just popped up for me in the last few weeks, for some reason -- and I can hardly believe that in a year and a half FitBit has not solved it! I don't blame the folks who are switching to Apple Watch or other devices. It's very annoying. Your programmers really can't come up with a way to fix this!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am only getting these from the holiday calendar on my iPhone.  These event come with the pone and cannot be deleted.  I have inactivated notifications form this holiday calendar on my phone as I still want other notifications from my calendar to come through.  For this reason I do not want to turn off fitbit  calendar notifications as I need the reminders. Despite this I am getting notifications frequently that today is St David's day.  It's driving my nuts!!!   When will this issue be fixed as it was promised as far as I can see nearly 2 years ago?

Best Answer

I went online and used their chat service. They gave me instructions to turn off notifications and then turn them back on. I haven't had multiple notifications since then, about a week ago... waiting to see if the problem happens again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I FINALLY found a fix that actually works for this - assuming yours is also alerting you repeatedly starting at midnight and doesn't clear.   These were events that were coming into the iPhone calendar and sitting in the "inbox".  The alerts would stop when I cleared the events from the inbox.  

Found a fix through Apple.   This is the suggested setting for when you are not primarily managing your calendars through you iCloud Calendar.  (for me, all calendar/email accounts are through Outlook or Google.  I just want to view them all on my phone.)

Log in to icloud.com.  Pick the Calendar.  Go to the bottom left corner - gear icon for Preferences.  Choose "Advanced".  Then under invitations - choose "email to ...."  You'll note it says here "use this option if your primary calendar is not iCloud"

I have not had any middle of the night wake ups since making this change.  Very excited.

Best Answer

The way that Marty laid out his post makes me think he must either be in Engineering, QA, or (like me) in Product 🙂

I’ve experienced the exact same behavior outlined, except with a Fitbit Charge 3 and an iPhone XS Max.

Best Answer
0 Votes

27 March 2021; STILL having the same issue of repeating calendar holiday notifications. Any news on when the issue will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's now 2021 and this is still an issue. What's more, the "temporary fix" provided below does not work on the brand new Inspire 2 I just got. This is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING! It doesn't seem as if this should be that difficult to solve that nearly 2 years later it is still a "known issue" with the "BEST ANSWER" being a temporary fix that no longer even works. Just about ready to pitch this in the trash.

Best Answer