Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating notifications on iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I received around 20 notifications of someone's birthday on my HR2 and it is getting really annoying.  The notifications only showed up once on my iPhone 8 with iOS 13.

I have now updated the app, synced, and restarted the HR2.  Shortly after restarting the HR2 I got the same notification again.

Thoughts?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SB_LA 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Currently notifications issues are a known issue and Fitbit is working to find fixes for these issues and hopefully the fix will be coming soon. You can monitor the status of this issue here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/38...

Although you most likely want to be reminded what’s on your calendar I’m sure you would prefer to only be notified once. Until the fix does indeed come out my only suggestion would be to turn off your calendar notifications on your Fitbit app.

Heres how:

open your Fitbit app

tap your profile picture on upper left 

scroll down and tape your Fitbit type/name (it’s located just under “My Family”)

scroll down and tap notifications 

disable calendar events

now simply tap “Today” at the bottom of page to return to the main page

😃I do hope I was able to give you the best available answer and at least quiet the repeat notifications until the notifications are indeed fixed. Please let me know 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @SB_LA 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Currently notifications issues are a known issue and Fitbit is working to find fixes for these issues and hopefully the fix will be coming soon. You can monitor the status of this issue here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/38...

Although you most likely want to be reminded what’s on your calendar I’m sure you would prefer to only be notified once. Until the fix does indeed come out my only suggestion would be to turn off your calendar notifications on your Fitbit app.

Heres how:

open your Fitbit app

tap your profile picture on upper left 

scroll down and tape your Fitbit type/name (it’s located just under “My Family”)

scroll down and tap notifications 

disable calendar events

now simply tap “Today” at the bottom of page to return to the main page

😃I do hope I was able to give you the best available answer and at least quiet the repeat notifications until the notifications are indeed fixed. Please let me know 

Best Answer

Hello,  Has this been updated in the last 6 months?  

Best Answer

Still on permanent fix for this??

Best Answer

Still getting repeat notifications each time i leave bluetooth range.  

Turning off notifications is not a resolution. 

Best Answer

Chiming in here as well, this issue has been going on for a LONG time now and I'm considering retiring my Fitbit Charge2 and get an Apple Watch or something more reliable instead. I'm sick and tired of this issue not being resolved and FitBit not stepping up and telling why the problem has not been resolved and what they're doing to get it fixed. Information and transparency builds customer confidence! Blaming it on Apple and iOS13 seems rather stupid, I don't think other vendors have this issue and iOS13 is at 13.5 now and any major bugs should've been squashed long ago.

Best Answer
Agree and have stopped using FitBit as a result.
Best Answer

Hi There

Thats a complete bull**ahem** answer. Avoid the problem by switching off the function.

what kind of solution is that supposed to be?

Its frustrating that this answer is used in all communities with this issues as the best answer and the second most use phrase is: a fix is in the works.

Its now almost 12 month since paying customers started reporting this very annoying issue and there is still nothing in terms of solution.

Poor customer service at best, complete ignorance of customer issues at worse.

Not a good sign with regards to the future of the product. i was planning on buying a newer fitbit as all my family is using it - now i wonder if it wouldn't be better to just ditch it and start with something that is actually reliable 

Best Answer

It is utterly unhelpful to suggest completely turning off the calendar notifications.  Customers rely on various notifications a day.  This is an obvious bug that needs fixing.  It's sad how many months it has been going on with no updates from fitbit.

It is ridiculous how many times I am notified for only one calendar event each day.  It is annoying and distracting.  At first I thought my watch was shorting out and going to electrocute me.  I get rapid fire succession repeated alerts (same one alert), only seconds apart, drains the battery, almost impossible to keep up with clearing them out, seems to be preventing other important messages and notifications from coming through (which I heavily rely on for my kids being able to reach me while I am working and cannot have my phone out).

What say you fitbit?

Thinking about abandoning fitbit and switching over to apple watch.

Best Answer

I had 13 contacts in my friendlist now there are 4 left. All other changed to galaxy gear or Apple Watch. I will do the same. I started with charge 2 and all the time support service was terrible. Ist only based on forums without technical vendor support assistance.

Best Answer

I upgraded to the Fitbit Sense (from Versa 1) and this is still happening. Every time I leave / re-enter Bluetooth range, I get repeated notifications for the same calendar event until I manually dismiss it. This has been happening for months. I've updated the Fitbit app. I've unpaired / repaired. I've even replaced my whole device. 

Can we please get an update on a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here on a Charge 2 my wife has. I went to Apple Watch in September. Thinking of getting her a Garmin for Christmas. Fitbit has been good for the most part but this annoyance with the notifications is a deal breaker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread but hopefully it will help others. Try doing this; on an iphone swipe from the top down to see your notification center. Clear the notification in there. It should stop repeating. Should be similar if you are on an android device.  This was driving nuts and figured it out by accident. hopefully Fitbit will reward me for answering this by giving me a new device for xmas. I'd like a charge 4 🙂 

Best Answer

Just searched this problem and found that the exact problem was reported over two years ago and I'm still having it? We're up to iOS 15! Clearly this is not an iOS problem. How is this still happening?? Honestly amazed this thread isn't more active than it is, maybe because everyone just gave up on Fitbit entirely

Best Answer

I bought an Apple Watch instead and I’m not looking back. Especially not missing the sub-par customer service for this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have, and will not buy another one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been alerted a bunch of times today for someone's birthday and there seems to be no way to dismiss it.

Really, the "best answer" is to just turn off all the notifications?  For a bug that was reported over two years ago and is still happening?  

Aside:  When you come here and it prompts you to do a survey, say yes... some of the questions allow you to respond "No it is not resolved" "I am waiting for Fitbit to fix it" and "I am going to stop using my Fitbit device".

Best Answer
Clear the notification on the phone will stop the repeat, or keep the phone within blue tooth rang of Fitbit. Neither great but work.

Lane Sattler
Best Answer
0 Votes