Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I have literally done everything on their list of troubleshooting options and still am having absolutely no luck with receiving notifications on my Alta HR. 

Best Answer

@JulesDK 

Thanks! I’m going to try that and let you know how it’s works. I can’t check it right now, but will let you know when I can. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julierae1  
looking forward to see if it works

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted with customer service, and she directed me to this button, and it works.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

There is/was a bluetooth bug in ios 13, said to be fixed in latest version. I need to replace my Surge soon, 2nd one that strap is falling apart. But after owning 3 Fitbits so for far, One and 2 Surges, I am starting to look elsewhere. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Versa and it happened to me 😞
Best Answer
I do not see any of that on my phone

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Settings. 
Notifications. 
Messages. 
can you find that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I was saying I couldn’t find it where they were saying it helped them with the no preview on your phone for messages

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm starting a new thread since I've not seen my issues anywhere else so far, unless I've not looked in the right place!

I have a Fitbit Blaze and sync it to my iPhone 7+. I do get notifications from my iPhone so it is connecting, however I appear to be getting too many!

When I get a phone call, my watch buzzes to notify me ok, but then I get one of two things happen when I answer the call.

I either get a notification buzz to confirm the call has been answered, which I never had before and is a bit irritating since I stop my call, thinking I've got another notification, or my watch continues to buzz showing a call is incoming, even though i've answered it and am talking to the caller. It only stops when I hang up.

I appreciate these are relatively minor issues, but thought I'd see if it was just me or whether this is just a bug that has been created by iOS13 .

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Sorry about that. You tried the solution above?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry but I’m not going to switch my messages where everyone can see my texts that’s personal. If Fitbit doesn’t fix this I’m putting a complaint in on Fitbit if they don’t settle this. I need my texts to show up my Fitbit so I know when someone is texting me while I’m working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

From my understanding @LoyaEALA the preview portion is a currently know issue that Fitbit is aware of. I don’t know of any time frame that particular part of the notifications issues will be fixed. Hopefully soon. 

Best Answer

You can set your texts to only show when unlocked and that will keep them private until you unlock your phone. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Set them to unlock, will that still have them come to your watch!?

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Very detail suggestion, except it does not work!!!! I have tried every single step 3 times, and I my Fitbit Versa won’t receive notifications of any kind from my iPhone XR. Fitbit need to invest time and effort and keep up with the changes in technology.

Best Answer

Will removing my versa device from the Fitbit app help? I have done all the troubleshooting tips and followed the link and still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this worked to fix mine

Best Answer

Who knows!   I've tried all sorts of combinations and followed all the troubleshooting advice and still don't receive any notifications on my wrist... You are not alone!  😞

Best Answer

Fitbit is now synced up but my sleep is nothing but a flat line. Has the amount of time I sleep but not the different stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes