Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required settings changed for notifications on iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This thread is for iOS customers on OS 13.3 who are unable to receive notifications. 

Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. 

The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13. Please make sure you follow all the instructions in the quick tip section here.

If you still are having issues, please review: 

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3
  • Turn OFF and then back ON Share System Notifications (toggle OFF and ON)
  • Set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked

If you still have issues we recommend reviewing the help article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
208 REPLIES 208

I think it’s pretty annoying that in order to receive text messages you have to have text previews on on your phone. I don’t want everyone to be able to look at my phone and see my texts. I liked being able to read my texts from my Fitbit and not have everyone looking at my phone be able to read them 

Best Answer

I have deleted the app, toggled the notifications, turned on/off bluetooth and nothing has worked.  It has been almost two weeks and my fitbit won't sync.  Totally frustrated!!!

Sally

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you restarted your Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have tried everything suggested on this site.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you adjust in the Notification Center to not allow notifications on the lock screen, you can see them on the Fitbit but they do not display on your screen when your phone is locked. I have mine set this way so they can be read on my Fitbit, and I get a “badge” notification. I then have to open text messages to view on my phone. This way others do not view the previews of my texts if my phone is sitting on a desk or table. It’s not the ideal setup, but a good compromise. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I did that, still did not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with notifications. 

I appreciate the time that each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this, sharing the solutions and tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and we're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Be sure to keep the Fitbit app and your phones up-to-date. I am sorry for any trouble. 

You can confirm the notifications settings and complete troubleshooting instructions in Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones. Make sure to toggle the iMessage setting: General > Messages > iMessage, verify the `Show Previews` to be on `Always`.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update of my iPhone last night and i have not received any notifications on my Fitbit. My Fitbit is up to date as well.  

thank to everyone who has responded and helped me with this issue. Going to go back through the steps again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new inspire hr and I’m having this issue. I have done all the steps in the help article and I don’t know what else to do. Do we have any other fixes for this? I’m disappointed this is my first Fitbit and it doesn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Put your phone on previews only when unlocked and it’ll still send you the
messages on your Fitbit when your phone is not open
Best Answer

I’m still waiting for a fix also!  Not impressed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts. Our team is still reviewing and working on a fix. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more. Your patience is truly appreciated.

@Killerwolves11 I appreciate your participation and efforts to help other users!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question. I’ve now cracked my Fitbit face but I’m at a crossroad because even if I buy a new one the messaging probably won’t work with my iPhone/ you’re still working on a solution, right?!???

Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LoloW, thank you for your reply. 

I am sorry to hear your Fitbit device's screen is cracked. I totally understand how you are feeling, thank you for sharing your concern. We're aware that some users experience issue with receiving notifications and our team is working on the fix. Due to the issue with your screen, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will say that customer service was clutch with me this past week. My Fitbit froze on the audio output screen and after some questions they are Sending me another. However if I continues to have to notification issues this will be my last Fitbit and will go to Apple. My dad has a fit bit and doesn’t have these issues.
I do appreciate all the work the team is putting in.
Thank you
Kati

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KRobbs, thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to hear that you've been in touch with our Support team and will be receiving a replacement unit. I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience without any issues. Thank you for your time and feedback. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been on the boards a lot and couldn’t seem to find the help I needed. To be honest if I have glitches with this new one coming or if it stops working before a year of owning it I am moving on from FitBit
Kati

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have done all the troubleshooting and my Fitbit Charge 2 will still not
sync. Been three weeks now.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi, i am not getting txt messages or notifications for them on my new Fitbit Inspire HR.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your phone settings. Then go to notifications and select text message
one. Then put it on previews only when phone is unlocked. People can’t read
your messages when your phone is locked and you’ll receive your messages on
your Fitbit. I found this out after about a year of not receiving the
messages.
Best Answer