Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required settings changed for notifications on iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This thread is for iOS customers on OS 13.3 who are unable to receive notifications. 

Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. 

The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13. Please make sure you follow all the instructions in the quick tip section here.

If you still are having issues, please review: 

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3
  • Turn OFF and then back ON Share System Notifications (toggle OFF and ON)
  • Set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked

If you still have issues we recommend reviewing the help article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
208 REPLIES 208

Will the FB be updated so texts will appear on the FB but not on my phone. I do not want my messages to appear on my phone for all to see. 

Best Answer

Where do I find the third bullet point mentioned?

“Set show Previews to Always or when unlocked” 

Is the on the Fitbit App itself as I’m not able to find that. Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m only getting call notifications but not texts. I’ve checked all the settings and everything looks right...

Best Answer

RMJ1234 It’s in your phone settings. Go to settings > notifications > fitbit and it’s at the bottom

Best Answer

Thanks so much👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tblanch these are the requirements now on iOS 13. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to receive text messages to my Versa 2 to my iPhone 10.  I am syncing and receiving phone calls and calendar events.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled app and took off bluetooth, turned on and off and following online procedures.  Still no success. Please advise!

Best Answer

I haven’t been able to get texts or calls for months but now I’m getting some phone calls with the new update and following all the steps, but still no text messages. 

Best Answer

New inspire and it won’t notify for text, phone calls or calendar.   “It’s a known issue with iOS”.  Great so Fitbit is selling devices to iPhone users with no disclaimer that integral operations won’t function??

Best Answer

I am not receiving  Fitbit notifications on my iPhone 7 and Versa 2 after updating to iOS 13.3.1.  I have turned Bluetooth on and off, reinstalled the Fitbit app, etc without any luck.  Anyone else having the same issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I find it puzzling that this would be a required setting.  I do not want text message previews visible on my phone. 

Best Answer

This still does not work!

Best Answer

Agreed, I still can’t get messages either. It has been months of frustration. 

Best Answer

So I have to allow notifications on ALL of my apps, so that I can get texts on my FitBit device?? This doesn’t seem conducive to mental health, especially for a company that promotes health initiatives. Will my FitBit track my heartbeat when I get 10,000 notifications on my phone from Instagram twitter Facebook Netflix chase bank Hulu weight watchers Regal cinemas weather channel words with friends MTA Venmo etc 

Best Answer

KateFitbit - this fix doesn't even work.  I have tried all the suggested solutions and still not receiving texts.  This is extremely frustrating.  It's been months since this has worked.  I might as well throw my fitbit in the trash and try another brand at this point.  Receiving texts to my watch was a big selling point for me.

Best Answer
I agree! I’m one step away from asking for a full refund! I only bought my versa over the summer, it’s less than a year old!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I bought an Apple Watch and threw my Fitbit in a drawer... getting all my notifications including texts perfectly now! So long Fitbit 

Best Answer

It’s been almost a year. My charge 3 will show incoming calls but not text messages. I have tried everything I am lost and thinking of switching to Apple Watch. My iphone is up to date on software 13.3.1 and Fitbit app is up to date. I am so lost why it hasn’t been working I know they had an issue I believe with one software up date Oh iPhone which is when it stoped letting me receive text messages shown on my Fitbit. Anybody have advice or is it time to switch? 

Best Answer

I had issues with the Fitbit Charge then went to Apple Watch. Apple Watch stopped recording some of my workouts so I came back to Fitbit Versa. Now I’m unable to receive text messages so I’m not sure what I’m going to do. 

Best Answer