Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required settings changed for notifications on iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This thread is for iOS customers on OS 13.3 who are unable to receive notifications. 

Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. 

The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13. Please make sure you follow all the instructions in the quick tip section here.

If you still are having issues, please review: 

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3
  • Turn OFF and then back ON Share System Notifications (toggle OFF and ON)
  • Set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked

If you still have issues we recommend reviewing the help article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
208 REPLIES 208

My Charge 3 no longer vibrates when I receive notifications.  Also, the screen is very dim, can this be adjusted?

Best Answer

Any updates regarding displaying text messages? I’ve done all the help and contacted customer support. It’s over a year and it’s very disappointing this has not been resolved 

Best Answer

I was gifted a never-before-unboxed Surge. My iPhone XS syncs, but I can't get any notifications for text, calendar, or phone calls. I feel pretty tech savvy, and I've run through all the message boards, and tried all troubleshooting, and finally broke down to contact customer service support. After two hours of chatting with Support, where we ran through all the troubleshooting, I still do not have a fix.

I use a VPN, but my IP address does not appear to be blacklisted, as other customers discovered. It's nice to know the time and count my steps, but the thrill of the Surge was the push notifications for text, calls, and calendar reminders while on the move. Any last tips for a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my new Charge 4 after having to replace my Charge 3 due to screen issues. I am still not receiving text or phone call notifications. This was also an issue with my Charge 3. I have done all the suggestions I have read on here and the help articles. I know everything is setup correctly because I am receiving other notifications such as Snapchat and Ring. I have an iPhone 7 that is up to date with iOS 13.7. What could still be causing this issue?

Best Answer
Hi
I have no idea sorry. 
I guess I just got a really awesome FITBIT because I have had mine for over a year now. I have updated it 3 times and everything works like a charm. 

Good luck in getting yours to work. 

Thank you 

Sent from App for Gmail
Best Answer
0 Votes

She is a genius!! After much troubleshooting I figured out this was my issue. I had not used it since this update and didn’t want to sacrifice my privacy for my Fitbit text alerts. This is a great solution and needs more votes and replies up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have literally tried every recommended  fix posted by Fitbit, google, tech sites, and “asking for a friend” blogs. There is NO fix for versa. I’ve updated my app, watch, phone. Deleted the app and watch to start from scratch. Nothing. I finally came to the realization that I will have to purchase the newest version and I cancelled my premium membership with Fitbit and have put my versa up waiting for the day there is an update to fix the notification issue or have the funds to get the latest version of Fitbit watch. Fitbit could literally corner the market on Apple given Fitbit’s superior battery life and built in sleep tracking, but can’t seem to fix the notifications issue. 

Best Answer

Yeah. And what if does IOS that are not automatically updated to iOS 13.4.???

Best Answer

I agree with everyone else , have tried several times and different ways and still do not get text notifications, granted I’ve had this sense watch for a week and Im already annoyed . I used to have the versa light and that was just fine . I have IOS 15.2.1 update on my phone now . Could the update be the problem??? 

Best Answer