Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required settings changed for notifications on iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This thread is for iOS customers on OS 13.3 who are unable to receive notifications. 

Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. 

The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13. Please make sure you follow all the instructions in the quick tip section here.

If you still are having issues, please review: 

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3
  • Turn OFF and then back ON Share System Notifications (toggle OFF and ON)
  • Set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked

If you still have issues we recommend reviewing the help article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
208 REPLIES 208

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10+

When I go into my notifications on my phone I don't have that option.

I am getting notifications for text messages but I cannot read them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Such an easy fix!!! I’ve been asking for 7 months and this fixed it! THANK YOU

~Lindsay

Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I am glad to hear that some of you were able to resolve the issue. I apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. 

@SallyBrownScott please confirm if you've followed our complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@Shay84 thank you for sharing that you receive text notifications but can't read them. Do you receive only "New Message" notification? You can confirm the steps to set up and troubleshoot notifications at How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my new one but it takes almost half my day to start to
acknowledge any message. Any tips?

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have done everything suggested. Still only get text message notifications but cannot read them.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Beyond frustrated with this issue. The only fix is to turn on message preview in phone settings, which is not a viable option for me.  Unfortunately, time to start shopping Apple devices. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. Can’t receive any WhatsApp messages on my Fitbit.
I called the Dutch Helpdesk: All settings are ok. He says the problem is the new IOS update 13.5.1.

I have to wait for a new update by Fitbit. Should I wait or sell my new Fitbit??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am equally frustrated. My Fitbit has not synced sine 5/21/2020.
Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@KRobbs I am sorry to hear about the issue with notifications on your new device. Our team has recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. Please make sure you have downloaded the new version by following these instructions. You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions here.

@Trblissett I am sorry to hear that a solution to the issue with notifications is not a viable option for you. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@EwoutPit thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and contacting our Support team. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner and recommend to continue working with them if you have more concerns since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

@SallyBrownScott I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing difficulties, I totally understand how you are feeling. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Shay84 thank you for your efforts. Could you please provide more details why you can't read the notifications?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Deleted the app, reinstalled, toggled bluetooth off/on, and my Fitbit will
still not sync.
Best Answer

My Charge 3 doesn’t notify me of texts or incoming calls... I get calendar notifications and when I make an “active call”. It did this with my iPhone 7 and now with my XS. I’m beyond frustrated. 

Best Answer

Hi @SallyBrownScott, it's great to see you here. @katrklug, welcome on board.

@SallyBrownScott, thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried. While checking your details, I was told by the Support team that your case is on their hands and they sent you an email with instructions to get your Fitbit syncing. Please follow their recommendations and keep an open communication with them. 

@katrklug, thanks for letting me know that the text and call notifications aren't working correctly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've had with this situation. Since your post didn't mention, I'd recommend to check this help article and make sure your iPhone XS meets the described requirements.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit  Hi, I did try all of the steps. Twice with each phone. No luck.

Best Answer
I am about to start shopping for Apple Watch. I am still not getting notifications on a consistent basis. Beyond frustrated is an understatement. I’ll give it a few more weeks but if I can’t get notifications working I will be moving on. This makes me sad because I really do like the Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

THIS IS THE SOLUTION!!!

I can see how the help section can be misread in the instructions. People are likely going to Settings > Notifications > Fitbit app instead of  to the > Messages app to change  the show Previews to “When Unlocked”.

Fitbit please change those instructions so that thousands of people don’t misinterpret like I did!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much @Killerwolves11 !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Planning on upgrading my old surge to a newer model, but hesitant due to this issue. Might switch to Garmin. Any idea on when this will be a permanent fix?

Best Answer

I spent months without notifications before finally getting it resolved. and now they have stopped again for no reason.  I am so fed up with Fitbit!  Time for an Apple watch!

Best Answer

Hi , I was having this problem and after shutting down the FitBit and turning it back on I did a forced shutdown on my iPhoneXR by pushing the “up” button once, the “down” button once then hold the “right side” button until the screen goes black. It will restart automatically. 
I hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  I have done an hours worth of troubleshooting with FitBit tech support and still nothing.  Super frustrating!  I have already had my Versa Lite replaced because it had the issue with the bpm malfunction...and now this!  I am not impressed with FitBit at all!

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and just updated it to 13.6 hoping that would help, but still nothing.

Best Answer