Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required settings changed for notifications on iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This thread is for iOS customers on OS 13.3 who are unable to receive notifications. 

Before you can receive notifications from your phone on your Fitbit device, it’s important that you carefully review and update your notifications settings on your iPhone. 

The required settings changed with the introduction of iOS 13. Please make sure you follow all the instructions in the quick tip section here.

If you still are having issues, please review: 

• Make sure you've updated to iOS 13.3
  • Turn OFF and then back ON Share System Notifications (toggle OFF and ON)
  • Set Show Previews to Always or When Unlocked

If you still have issues we recommend reviewing the help article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
208 REPLIES 208

Finally, something worked. Thank you! I was about to throw this thing out the window! lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just updated to ios 13.3.1 and my fit bit versa no longer buzzes for texts and calls.  have been looking for a fix and am very frustrated. 

Best Answer

Is there also an article that explains how to fix repeated calendar notifications? I get notifications from my calendar often multiple times (sometimes very quickly after one another).

Best Answer

I’ve done all of this multiple times and am still not getting text notifications. Phone calls I get but not texts. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Me too, agreed!!! Has it been months for you too?
I’m wondering if they’re ever actually going to fix this.

Thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Same here.  It's been months without getting texts and they claim to still be working to try and fix the issue.  Crazy.

Best Answer

Mine is still not working have tried numerous times. I’ve now had to go back to my Flex2 as least that still vibrates when get text messages.

Fitbit surely you are getting this sorted you are going to loose business because your devices can’t keep up with iPhone.

Best Answer

My versa has stop sending me text messages and calls

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RC89

YAY this works. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire hr won’t receive texts. I am using an iPhone 7, up to date, app is up to date, iOS is up to date. Will receive all notifications but not text. I’ve disconnected Bluetooth, forgot device, restarted phone and Fitbit. Turned blue tooth off and on again. Notifications are set the way they should be, tracking is allowed, Need help. Thanks. 

Best Answer

Anyone else still not able to receive text alerts since updating to iOS 13? Fitbit sent out a message in the support area stating they know there is an issue that is causing some users to not receive text alerts but they “were working hard at resolving the issue”. That was mid October. It’s mid February and it’s still not resolved as far as my device is concerned. And I have done every single troubleshooting suggestion out there. I have done everything down to even removing my Fitbit from my phone, deleting the App, re-installing the app and connecting my Fitbit to Bluetooth and the app again...nothing. I get phone call alerts, not texts.

Best Answer

I’m having this same problem. Can’t figure out why it’s not working

Best Answer
Did you turn on "Show Previews" on your phone under Messages?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I already tried to get a refund after doing all there troubleshooting!  IT DOESNT WORK it’s extremely frustrating no text notifications. ALL THEY SAID IS A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVING SAME ISSUE THEY WORKING ON IT. I said what takes several months to figure it out! It’s a waste of money and time and just refund money. They said they only give refunds if you bought from Fitbit and within 45 days!! Company is trash!! Never again!! 

Best Answer

Yes I’ve tried all the trouble shooting it’s not an issue on my end. I’m not the only having this exact problem. They really should issue partial refunds to people for this. It’s been going on too long. I had the device for a week before this issue started. I’m definitely not buying another one ever, nor will I recommend it to anyone since customer service just keeps telling me to do the troubleshooting I already did. 

Best Answer

Hi!

so I did all of these work arounds and now I can see the texts on my FitBit but it doesn’t vibrate! It works fine for calls or move reminders, so now what? I’m really getting sick of this, it’s been months now. I want a refund for this versa lite! I’ve had it less than a **ahem** year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been months since my Fitbit has received messages! I’ve tried every fix suggested multiple times & now it gives me calendar updates, occasionally phone calls , and still no messages. Is this ever going to be truly fixed & what is Fitbit offering to customers? This just ISN’T RIGHT. 

Best Answer

Hey there! I just bought mine and had the same problems. But everything works fine now. What you have to do is. Go to your fitbit app. Press on the top left corner, left of "fitbit". Then press your device, mine is a versa 2 so I pressed "versa 2". Then go to notifications and lastly "app notifications". There you can switch on which apps you want to receive notifications from. Spread the word 👍🏾

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve followed all of these steps and still no notifications on my fitbit. I updated my software awhile ago and just all of the sudden stopped getting notifications yesterday. It’s making me crazy.

Best Answer

Yeah, that would make me crazy too. It's weird. Especially because mine is working fine now. I get WhatsApp, email, and text notifications. I even get notifications from my babycam when my son is moving our making sounds. All this after I did what I sent you. I'm sorry it's not working for you. Good luck and if I think of something else I'll let you know 

Best Answer