Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting Heart Rate too High?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having issues with the resting heart rate function of the app. My resting heart rate can varry between 54 and 70 naturally. But I'm noticing that the heart rate graph provides a different image than the average resting heart rate. 

I.e. Today my heart rate was in between 54 and 63 the entire time, with only 3 short peaks towards the 65-70 range over 8hrs of sleep. However the app now tells me my resting heart rate is 69... Is there something I'm missing or is it odd that the app uses 3 short moments of elevated heartrate in REM sleep as the average resting heart rate? Very curious about this and how it's calculated, hope someone knows more! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Roseeeeeeeeee, I hope you're doing fine, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to ask you to reset your tracker and monitor it in case this situation happens again. If it does, please take a screenshot  of your heart rate graph and reply to me with it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try that today and see how it goes tonight! Just to make sure, resetting on the Alta HR is tapping the charging cable button 3 times slowly within 4 seconds right? Hope it will work, thanks for the advice Cat Embarassed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roseeeeeeeeee  Your tracker doesn't use just heart rate data from sleep to calculate RHR.  It also uses heart rate data from when you are awake, at rest, and not recently exerting yourself.

Here is a link to a Help article:   What should I know about my heart rate data?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes