Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community tab missing on iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I log into my daughters account from my app it looks different then mine when I log in. It is on the same app so it is not different. And my day exercise is not syncing at all. Anyone have this issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ahamerin1724 Thanks for the screenshots. 

While some users may not see Community right away, we are working to roll out this feature across customers in the U.S. Please keep an eye out for the new Community tab in your Fitbit app – you should see it soon!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @ahamerin1724, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Happy

It seems very odd that your Dashboard is different than your daughter's if you're using the same Fitbit app on your phone. Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of  each Dashboard so I can check this further?

Now, in regards of your exercise not tracking? Does the app sync other information except for your exercises or is not syncing other information as well? If so, I would like to suggest your to restart your tracker, restart your phone and sync your tracker again. 

If your exercises are not showing in the app, but the app syncs other information, please go to the Activities section of your online Dashboard to check that your exercises have been recorded here. If they are, it's possible the app is not updating the information correctly. To refresh the information, please try the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is my screen shot of my account
Here is screen shot of my daughters screen:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app also and I got my exercise thing
the Sync. Thanks for your help.
Thanks
Anna
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @ahamerin1724 

Unfortunately, I'm not able to see your screenshots. If you would like to share your dashboard, click the home and power button at the same time on your phone while in the app. Return to the Community, then post your screenshot by clicking "Photos" in the toolbar and import the image. 

For more information, check out our FAQ page 

We hope to hear from you soon! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
You cannot see how the icons are different? The dash board icons are the
same but I don't have. Community option on mine and the message option on
mine either. But my daughters and husband do. I have the Fitbit Alta and so
does my husband and my daughter has the Fitbit Flex
Best Answer
0 Votes

DaughterDaughterMineMine

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ahamerin1724 Thanks for the screenshots. 

While some users may not see Community right away, we are working to roll out this feature across customers in the U.S. Please keep an eye out for the new Community tab in your Fitbit app – you should see it soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KateFitbit ,

Is the community tab being rolled out by customers, not necessarily app and phone version? I'm also missing the tab and I have a newer IPhone than my friend, and the newest version of the IOS app.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pattyreyes85 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for taking the time to ask a question.We hope to have it the Community tab available to all US customer soon. Please continue to update your app as new versions become available. Thanks for your patience and interest in our new feature! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was also struggling with this issue and figured out a workaround. Make sure you location is set to the US, physically enter in a city/state, and make sure your privacy settings for your location are set to public (it'll ask you when asking for your location). That doesn't alter the privacy settings on your personal stats such as, weight, height, etc... you can still keep that private if you'd like. Good luck! 

Best Answer

Did you get yours. It still hasn't popped up on my dashboard and it's now July 2017

Best Answer
0 Votes

its July 2017. How much longer? I still don't see it on my app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still haven't gotten my community tab either and I've done all the recent updates they released...and I live in the US 🙂 Guess you're in the same boat as I am.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the community tab and all of a sudden it was gone from my Android and Windows 10 apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no community tab on mine. And I've restarted my phone as well as deleted and reinstalled the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yeah I'm sure. I don't have it either. After several emails with the
fitbit team, I told them to forget it. It's obvious to me that if you are
a customer prior to 2017 it's not going to work. I created a fake account
and poof, the community tab appeared. That doesn't help me, as my account
is established along with my friend's list.

I'm okay with the friends tab. Maybe fitbit will get it together in the
future
Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom's Fitbit app has the community tab. That's how I figured out mine looked different. Her account has been established since probably 2013. Definitely prior to 2017. 

Fitbit moderators...any feedback you can give us on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using an iPhone 6. I was able to see the community tab before but I can't anymore. It's replaced by the friend tab. I really enjoyed the community tab and will like to access it again

Best Answer
0 Votes