Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting Heartrate wrong in iOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of about a week ago, my app stopped updating my resting heart rate properly.   It’s pinned at 58 bpm for a week straight.   When you check the web dashboard , it shows that it’s varied day by day over that period.   My weekly emailed report even shows a weekly average of 59.  

89EC26B3-DFFC-44EB-B08A-5F0009B4EF5B.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Can you show what the web dashboard shows ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jay204_0-1662568000239.png

Web dashboard shows variation between 56 and 59.

Best Answer
0 Votes

11 days in a row now with my RHR pinned at 58 in the iOS app.   Fascinating.   I've become a robot.

Jay204_0-1662746289271.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jay204 looks a good name for a robot 😁

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks to me that the dashboard follow the same trend, but the data points are slightly different.

My guess is that in reality, your RHR varies a little bit, but the algorithm always round it to an integer value (which is sensible). The rounding differs on the dashboard graph and the iOS graph (guessing each graph calls the raw data and rounding appears at plotting), leading to different results: 

- a graph oscillating between 58 and 59 on the dashboard

- a flat line at 58 on iOS

I have seen the same before, sometimes my RHR is constant a week on iOS but vary by one point on the dashboard. One way to test the experiment is by doing something on purpose that would change your RHR for one or two nights. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, Seb.  I’m happy to report that I am no longer a robot. 

Jay204_0-1663091324124.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes