Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate not updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My resting heart rate is not updating,  Long story short,  my heart rate has definitely gone down over the past week... i was ill and it had jumped up a few beats, and now that I am better, my heart rate is lower, but the average hasnt gone down.   My resting hr is sitting at 60 and over the course of the night is in the mid 50's sometimes as low as 50 during my deepest sleep.

i emailed fitbit, but all i got was the usual, canned response of how to wear a fitbit and how exercise can affect heart rate.  

I have been wearing fitbits for 5 yrs. i know how to wear one, and how it works, so I know there's a problem.  I am not sure if its device or the app,  but it is not updating as it should be.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @lmy. It's good to see you here in the forums.

Thanks for letting me know about the resting heart rate not updating, as well for taking the time to contact our team. I'm sorry for the experience that you've had and let me help you with this matter. As you may know the resting heart rate is being tracked based on the heart rate data during your sleep or when you're not doing exercising, let say sitting on the coach.

That said, since you mentioned to know how to wear it, may I know if you've tried performing a regular restart? If you have, I'll need you to verify if the Fitbit app is updated, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and sync one more time to update your details. If the issue persists, tap on the heart rate tile from the Fitbit app and take a screenshot of the data displayed so I can take a deeper look. For instructions attach it, check this post.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes