Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Auto Time Zone Sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Despite setting time zone to auto the sense does not update time zone automatically. This is very problematic for travellers that are travelling over several time zones on a regular basis. Is a fix in the works?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community Forums @Birddee

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate the feedback provided. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. If the Time Zone is set automatically, it should change when you sync, if you haven't tried, I'd suggest trying the following: 

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then your profile picture and then find App Settings
  • Tap Time zone and then turn off the Set Automatically option.
  • After 10 seconds turn on the "Set Automatically" option again and input the right time zone and sync.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Community Forums @Birddee

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand where you're coming from and I appreciate the feedback provided. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. If the Time Zone is set automatically, it should change when you sync, if you haven't tried, I'd suggest trying the following: 

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then your profile picture and then find App Settings
  • After 10 seconds turn on the "Set Automatically" option again and input the right time zone and sync.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Have done this but have to do it each times change time zones. This is inconvenient and should be corrected asap 

Best Answer

I have tried to do this but I cannot find APP settings .

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the mobile app, click on your picture (or avatar). The next screen has the header 'Account'. Scroll a bit below the red Shop Fitbit link. You will come to 'Settings'. App Settings is the 3rd entry under 'Settings'. At least this is how it works in the iPhone app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, the manual time zone settings work a bit different:

• Under Time Zone (no reason to wait 10 seconds) click on the current entry. The next screen is labeled 'Time Zone'. Scroll down until you find the time zone you want and select it.  

Two remarks for Fitbit product management (I hope they monitor this group carefully):

1. The sync with Set Automatically on should work, but it is very unstable. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours (meaning many sync attempts), and sometimes it does not work at all.  In my case, even after forgetting and setting up the Sense 3 again did not help.  I recommend better testing by Fitbit, because this bug is annoying to say the least. 

2. The drop-down list for selecting the time zone manually is non-standard to phrase it in a polite way. 

Best Answer

THANK YOU!!!! THIS helped me alot....it is really annoying to not have the right time available!!!

Best Answer

This is still not working. I opened case number 4720844. I fly cross country for my job, I can't trust my watch to tell me the local time when I change time zones. This is not worked ng for me and is a big issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I opened case 4720844 for this. Contact support and reference this number

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not annoying, unacceptable to have a smart watch with incorrect time.

Best Answer
0 Votes