Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show potassium levels in the nutrition facts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

why isit the the nutrition facts on the food log neglect to show some things like potassium levels in foods?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @keith64, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your suggestion to show things like potassium levels in the nutrition facts on the food log. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Feel free to post your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works and do a search first, in case someone else has already suggested your idea, or something similar.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@keith64 -

Have you noticed that in the past year, potassium has been moved off of the main nutrients section on most nutrition labels and onto the "Oh by the way" section along with calcium, iron and others?

As such, it is possible that the "Powers that be" that create the nutritional data in the FitBit database do not include potassium. And that occurred prior to the rework of the nutritional label last year so it could just be an omission.

I customize virtually all foods that I book because of all the errors or outdated information in the FitBit food database.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
Guess I will have to do the same.
Thanks for the reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found worse issues.. I have to track Potassium and I'm finding that on some items.. Like cooked sweet potato when I adjust the quantity it doesn't adjust the potassium.. Calories, yes...

I did a input my consumption yesterday and found the daily total for my potassium showed as 2560mg.. When I went back and rechecked items it should have been 1530mg.. My limit is 2500mg..

It feels like a Fitness only site  and even though I pay Premium for Healthy eating its not good enough.

Edited.... This is in the Android App... sorry.. BUT... OK in Apple App. but crazy results when I sync.. Cannot rely on it at all..

The FDA in Australia have asked food suppliers to include the extra on their labels and that had to be done by last year.. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have a problem with potassium level being incorrect. Yesterday my Fitbit Charge 3 showed 18,170mg! It is showing the same for today and I have consumed 82 mg. I have shared my nutrients with family members and have looked back at what I have shared. It does not match what my Fitbit shows when I look back at the week. This is extremely off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered that the high potassium was caused by incorrect potassium level on my coffee. The coffee had no potassium yet the app said it had 18,170mg. I entered it as a custom food with the correct facts from the nutrition label. I don't understand however, why this suddenly occurred yesterday. The app had recorded it correctly previously. Also looking back the app recorded a banana as having over 35,000mg of potassium! I have an Android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I would also like to see potassium levels tracked in the app. My level is too high and I need to watch my intake. Please consider adding that feature.

Thanks

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. When I add a new food and put in say, 500 mg of potassium. It says 4455 mg.?? Why does it change it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes