Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not appearing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Thanks for all of your feedback and patience with the new Sleep Stages feature. A few notes: 

Sleep Stages is now currently available for Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR.

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of Sleep Stages, including:

• Sleeping in a position that prevented the tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or the tracker was worn too loosely. For best results, wear the tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed).
  • Sleeping for less than 3 hours.
  • The tracker’s battery is critically low.

You should also ensure your Fitbit app is on the latest version and your tracker firmware is up to date. 

I've also placed the Sleep Stages help page here for further information.  

If Sleep Stages is still missing, please check that All-Day sync is enabled on your app by going to Account > Your Tracker, then note the time you went to sleep. If you aren’t seeing Sleep Stages, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Hi, yesterday (Monday 27th March) I had a fabulous new sleep stages dashboard that showed REM, deep sleep, light sleep and awake, but today it is back to the old more basic version? Will the new one reappear at some point soon please?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

What happened to great new sleep data? How do I get it back? Cindy

Best Answer

Same issue here. 

Best Answer

My stages show up but it just reads "no data" 😞

Best Answer

Hello @Harpsy18, thanks for joining the Community, welcome aboard! It's nice to see you around too @lilbitcounts2@lawndiva and @MomLSJSmiley Very Happy

Which tracker are you currently wearing? When exactly were you able to see Sleep Stages on your Dashboard?

I would like to mention that Sleep Stages is a new feature that we are progressively rolling out to Charge 2 users.We are aware of some users that may have seen the initial explanation of Sleep Stages in the app, but not the full feature. I sincerely apologize for any potential confusion this has caused, and are working to make this feature available to all Charge 2 users soon.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I was able to see all of the data in the new sleep stages on Monday and Tuesday and it was brilliant but my fitbit has now reverted back to the old sleep data. What a disappointment as the new was so much better. When will I get this back?

Best Answer

The same situation happened to me with my Charge 2.  I have sleep stages recorded for Mon, Tues, & Wed; however, today my sleep results were reported in the old format.  Please help! 

Best Answer

Have a charge 2, I see the sleep stages in my app, but no data. I also noticed that my community tab is missing as well, although I saw it yesterday.

Lost 50 pounds in the last year..... Not stopping now
Best Answer

Same issue on my Blaze! 2 days of stages and then back to the old look

Best Answer

I had sleep stages working brilliant for a day then disappeared today completely. Great feature when the app updated now it's gone again same with the new heart rate feature. I have a blaze 2

Best Answer

Hey, I'm using the charge 2. I have had the sleep stages graph since Monday, but it's not collecting any data. Is this a problem with the app, or the charge 2 not getting a clear heart rate reading while I sleep?

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue. I also have a charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im also having the same issue. I have the charge 2 and saw sleep stages M-W then it disappeared for last night's data

Best Answer

The same this has happened to me. I have the Blaze, updated it on Tuesday and that night, plus Wed it showed the sleep stages. This was so much more useful (and seemed more accurate) than the previous awake/restless/asleep.  But this morning, it went back to it's old graph/data. Very upsetting as I was planning to take the sleep stages data to my Dr. next week to discuss my sleep problems. Any idea why it reverted? I read that some of the new features may not work and to re-sync your device 3 times. Tried that, didn't do any good. Help!!!!

Best Answer

Mines has went back to the new style once again (Friday) although it has only logged an hour of sleep in the 11 hours I was asleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, 3 days of the new reverted back to the old style this night.

since this is a new update, a new feature for my Blaze, I guess there could be a minor hickup... so I just inform and wait.

Best Answer

Charge 2 had it Monday thru Friday, today back to the old.

Best Answer

We have two Charge 2 devices in our household. My app shows the new sleep data and has from the week before. My wife's is still showing the 'old' setup. I'm guessing it will show up on hers at some point.  Honestly, the first couple days I was wishing for the old setup but have come to like the new one.  It does actually give a little more insight to your sleeping.  

Best Answer

Charge 2. Same problem except mine has never shown and just says no data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes