Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data duplicates most recent day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my Alta HR a few weeks.  When I first got it the sleep data would show sleep for the night before.  About a week ago it started showing the most recent data for every day prior. I have read all the posts about sleep data issues and I have followed all of the steps suggested. I have: updated my iOS, uodated Fitbit app, rebooted Fitbit, removed and reinstalled Fitbit app and reconnected Fitbit, forced a sync of Fitbit.  All of this done and I have the same issue.  I’m becoming increasingly frustrated and am ready to abandon wearing it altogether.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @JDorsch, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment I would like to ask you to wear your tracker for the night and then take a screenshot of the sleep log you're getting the next day after syncing and reply to me with it. That will be very helpful for me to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

A758A9B4-A370-4731-997E-BA4846F05CD8.png

A7C578AA-5C9B-4807-B90D-4CB0BE52E67D.png

4F11E30D-EF24-4EE8-9DE7-FBFA8277648A.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

It also stopped showing the battery on the Fitbit itself.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started to do this too, and it also stopped tracking my active minutes. I’ve done everything they did to resolve the issue but it’s still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not know why this shows your comment as an accepted solution.  I did not accept it.  It was already checked when I logged in this morning.  I am very frustrated with this who situation.  This is my second Fitbit and if I can’t get this resolved quickly it will be my last.   It’s not worth the aggravation.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JDorsch, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation.

@JDorsch, I appreciate you have come back with the screenshots requested. Please note that when you swipe to check other days's status, only the main tile (steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes) will update. The information on the tiles underneath will only show "Today's" information. To check information from previous days for these tiles, tap on each one of them. Here, you will find detailed information and even a graph to compare that data. 

@SunsetRunner, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an inconsistency with active minutes. As you may have read in our article, our algorithms detect subtle differences in exertion that may explain why two seemingly identical activities result in different active minute totals. For example if you took a brisk walk along the same route two days in a row, differences in your speed and exertion levels (e.g. out of breath vs not out of breath, etc) will cause different active minute totals for the two activities. Also keep in mind that active minutes are only recorded for activities that last 10 minutes or longer. 

Because our trackers primarily track movement through the use of an accelerometer, they more accurately detect active minutes for step-based activities (brisk walking, running) than non-step based activities or activities that require more than steps (yoga, tennis). Trackers with a heart rate monitor detect active minutes most accurately, since heart rate data allows us to better estimate caloric burn and, in turn, exercise intensity. If you're unhappy with your active minutes total, we recommend logging the activity manually  Manually logged activities override your tracker's data. Sometimes customers report a decrease in active minutes after logging an activity, which can occur if what your tracker recorded was more intense than what you logged. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first got my Fitbit I could go to the previous day and see activity and sleep for that day.  I am 100% positive about this.  

Best Answer
Hi Marco, thanks for your response. I am a bit confused though, I got my FB on March 18th and up until last week it has worked fine, tracking all my active minutes. I walk on a treadmill and mostly at the same speed each time, the first day it didn't record my active minutes I walked for 50 minutes and the next day I walked for 40 minutes. I'm confused because this activity was tracked in my exercise which seems weird if it's not tracking any active minutes. Kathy
Best Answer

Hello @JDorsch and @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@JDorsch, I understand your point, however this feature was implemented some time ago, when the Dashboard was changed from bars to tiles and it's been featured this method ever since. 

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have come back and shared your experience with me, at this moment I would like to ask you to restart your tracker and monitor your active minutes for the next couple of days. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my tracker, and reinstalled it, and a couple other things, it just doesn't seem to want to work properly. As I mentioned I just got my FB and I find it frustrating that the things that worked in the beginning don't anymore, or I have to press on other things to get the results - like my active minutes not showing up or tracking but I can find my time tracked in my exercise. Not impressed.

Kathy Reich

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer

Kathy I feel the exact same way!

Best Answer

my sleep tracking was also showing duplicated. i deleted one, and both deleted! can one be recovered?

Best Answer

Hello @snowplow, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention. Have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Which tracker are you currently using? Would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot where it shows your sleep logs duplicated? This information will be very helpful for me to check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have only just started using Fitbit, 6 days ago, and it been happening
from day one. Screenshot attached.

Regards

Dave
Best Answer

Hello @snowplow, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to send your screenshot, however it seems it didn't come through. Would it be possible for you to reply to me again? That will be very helpful. Please follow these steps to upload your picture to you next reply. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
now attached

Regards

Dave
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a FitBit Alta HR for Xmas and I'm having the same issue that Snowplow reported.  Sleep data is there, when I click to view it creates a duplicate.  Now it thinks I slept 16 hours last night.  When I hold and delete one entry, both are gone and now I have no data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing is happening to me and it's frustrating. There seems to be more duplicates every time I check. It's up to about 20 of the same day now, and when it did this yesterday and I tried to delete the duplicates it deleted every prior entry.

Best Answer
0 Votes