Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep logs are getting duplicated.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. My sleep tracking stopped for a week. I reset my Fitbit, checked for updates and turned sleep onto sensitive. Now it has finally updated last nights sleep, it has duplicated it for every single previous sleep log! Any advice please? Thank you 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @KristyLouise, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and would like to thank you for your insight about this feature. Please note that these changes were made a while ago and even when the Exercise Tile updates to reflect the days when you perform activity, the other tiles will only show "Today's" information even when you swipe to check data from previous days, with the exception of the main tile (steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and floors). If you'd like to check information from previous days, please tap on each tile to see it.  

I understand this is not ideal for you and if you want to vote for this feature to be revised, use the following links to leave us feedback, please check this suggested feature. Feel free to add your vote and comment, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

Thanks for your understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @KristyLouise, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. At this moment our team is currently aware of this situation and is working towards resolving this display glitch that is showing duplicated sleep logs. Please, do not delete any of your logs as this is only a display glitch, your sleep logs only show duplicated but they weren't.

In the meantime I would like to suggest you to tap on one of your logs, then get back to the previous screen, the duplicated logs should not appear. However, if this is not the case, force-quit the app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swipe up the app. Open the app again and check the sleep logs. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your advice. I have tried all of the above and still my sleep logs are not recording. I am so disappointed. The duplications have disappeared and now the sleep tile doesn’t have any information on it. It’s a pain having to go in manually and not have it on the front screen. If this is a display glitch, why has it all of a sudden happened and is it going to get fixed? Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KristyLouise, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let me know your sleep logs are not getting duplicated anymore, I'm glad. Now, is your Fitbit device not tracking Sleep or are you not able to see the sleep logs on the Dashboard? If your device is not tracking sleep, I would like to suggest you to check the following steps:

1. Restart your Fitbit device
  2. Change the Sleep Sensitivity setting:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
    • Tap or click Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  3. Try wearing your device on your other wrist.

On the other hand, if you're not able to see your sleep logs, please reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see on the Dashboard so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again! I spoke too soon. Sleep logs are duplicated again! It make sure no difference if I tap on the log and open it, info isn’t still duplicated, many thanksF61CB8E6-5608-4658-A3A3-48EF046C31A1.png

006E295B-BB26-4856-BD57-9DF23CE5E7EB.png

745B43E2-EB65-4802-B38F-19CB10365875.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate you have come back and added some screenshots, these have clarified the situation for me. Please note that the tiles below the daily stats tile (steps, distance, calories and active minutes) show your most recent information, even if you're looking at your stats for another day, which is why you see the Sleep tile showing the same information for "today" and "yesterday". To view your stats for a previous day, tap the individual tiles to see your history. For more information about the new dashboard design, see the following help article: About the Fitbit App.

The display glitch I was mentioning earlier affects the sleep logs showing inside the Sleep tile, I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marco,

i do thank you for your advice but this just isn’t correct. The tiles should show the data for the day you are looking at. That’s how it has always been. For instance on a Monday it may show I am one day into my 4 day excersize target, but on Tuesday it would show 2 out of 4 targets achieved. Ever since I have had my Fitbit the tile stats relate to the particular day I am looking at. I could flick through and see my sleep at a glance without having to go into the sleep log by tapping on it. I am really disappointed with fitbit now that there isn’t a resolution. The steps, calories, km and minutes change when I flick through the days but NOT the sleep, steps per hour, weekly exercise or period. This always worked before. My app isn’t up to date, I haven’t changed the settings and it is very frustrating. I was very impressed with fitbit ans the app but clearly something is broken. If there isn’t a resolution please let me know and I cannot consider purchasing a different brand of tracker. Many thanks kristy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your participation in the forums and would like to thank you for your insight about this feature. Please note that these changes were made a while ago and even when the Exercise Tile updates to reflect the days when you perform activity, the other tiles will only show "Today's" information even when you swipe to check data from previous days, with the exception of the main tile (steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and floors). If you'd like to check information from previous days, please tap on each tile to see it.  

I understand this is not ideal for you and if you want to vote for this feature to be revised, use the following links to leave us feedback, please check this suggested feature. Feel free to add your vote and comment, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

Thanks for your understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there been any resolution for this issue?

I'm using a Galaxy S9, v2.84 of the app with a Fitbit Versa. Force stop and turning off all mobile data, Bluetooth and wifi is the only way to get it to display as a single entry. As soon as Versa syncs again it shows as a duplicate.

Best Answer
0 Votes