Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep not getting tracked by my device.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app has not been logging sleep for two days. Why?!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JessLAP@LoreenG and @AveysG, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@AveysG I appreciate you have added a screenshot to your post. @LoreenG and @JessLAP, which device are you currently using? Our team is currently investigating an issue related to the Versa, in which the watch is not tracking sleep correctly. If you have a Versa, my best recommendation at the moment is to restart it by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then monitor it for the next night and keep an eye on the Versa boards, as we'll post updates about this situation here. If you have any other device, restart it as well and let us know if you continue experiencing this situation. 

@AveysG, at this moment, I would also like to suggest you to restart your Charge 3, then before going to bed, make sure your device is picking up a heart rate reading and wear it snuggle on your wrist (without constricting it). Then let us know how it goes. 

I hope this can be helpful, thanks for your patience and understanding, happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

My sleep log is not working either the last two days. What is happening?

Best Answer

My app (iPhone 8+ and Charge3) is logging, but is splitting random chunks from middle of night as if it is a different day, and it shows, for example, my sleep from last night (was 10:30 pm bedtime Thursday until 6:30am Friday) as “today” as if I already slept tonight (Friday) and only slept under 2 hrs Thursday.....

Best Answer

E0E990F2-022E-4CF4-A9BC-3CD9FAD84C52.jpeg

Best Answer

Hello @JessLAP@LoreenG and @AveysG, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@AveysG I appreciate you have added a screenshot to your post. @LoreenG and @JessLAP, which device are you currently using? Our team is currently investigating an issue related to the Versa, in which the watch is not tracking sleep correctly. If you have a Versa, my best recommendation at the moment is to restart it by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then monitor it for the next night and keep an eye on the Versa boards, as we'll post updates about this situation here. If you have any other device, restart it as well and let us know if you continue experiencing this situation. 

@AveysG, at this moment, I would also like to suggest you to restart your Charge 3, then before going to bed, make sure your device is picking up a heart rate reading and wear it snuggle on your wrist (without constricting it). Then let us know how it goes. 

I hope this can be helpful, thanks for your patience and understanding, happy stepping! 

Best Answer

It is a charge 3; I will try your suggestion tonight and let you know. Thanks for the input.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AveysG, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know you will try the troubleshooting steps provided. Please keep us updated! 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for your help so far, but the issue wasn’t resolved. In re: pic, Charge3 was fully charged, I restarted using the “connect to charger” method, it was positioned correctly with heartbeat tracking fine, did not use the “start sleep” option and it didn’t track sleep at all. And look at the data listed for Thurs; it is actually from Wednesday night but upon waking Thurs morning, data appeared as shown.(Sunday data is the same; I manually edited the Monday data) It seems to steal a bit of data each night and log it as if it’s for the next night & it then looks like I slept at least 2 hrs less than I actually did...

Best Answer
0 Votes

FD658A64-E35F-47D5-9584-7AED28584798.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AveysG, I appreciate you have come back and replied with a screenshot. At this moment, I will forward the information you have provided to our team and once we have more information to share with you about this situation, we'll make sure to update this thread accordingly. 

In case the situation changes, please let us know. Your updates will be very helpful for us to keep monitoring this situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Flex 2 and it has not updated my sleep pattern for Thursday 3/14/19. I haven’t tried restarting it yet though. I will try it and see if that works. This hasn’t happened before with this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pennis82, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. It's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience. As you  haven't restarted your Flex 2, please do and get back to us with more updates about this situation.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it does actually try tracking sleep, why is it a day ahead? This morning, as with all “tracked” sleep, it seems to think that I have already slept the night of March 17th. I haven’t even gone to bed yet on March 17th

94D74EF7-E2E6-4608-9739-39BBFC401083.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AveysG, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided a new screenshot. To answer your question. The Fitbit app shows the sleep log for March 17th, as that was the day you woke up. It does not mean you slept on that night, but that you woke up on that day. Your sleep log for March 18th, will show that specific date because your device stopped tracking your sleep on March 18th, when you woke up. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, but That makes no sense. This pic is from my going to bed on a Tuesday around 10pm and it says I slept on Wednesday and only logs the hrs of midnight (or near then) on. I did not sleep on Wednesday yet, so it shouldn’t have a log for sleep on Wednesday yet

8C13677A-6F13-4DA6-A8D6-188259417607.png

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AveysG I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with a screenshot. At this moment, I'll make sure to forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. 

First of all, I would like to apologize to you for the delay in the response. Once we have more to share about this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the Official Forums. If there's anything else you might want to add, feel free to reply. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep tracking stopped working for me as well. Steps and HR are still working, but sleep has not shown in the app since last Friday. I already removed my Fibit from the app and added it back as a new device and the app shows last synced today a few minutes ago, but still no recent sleep data.

Fitbit Alta HR v26.63.2

Fitbit app v2.92

iPhone Xs Max

iOS v12.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Sleep tracking has stopped for me as well.

Iphone 6 latest updated iOS 

I restarted my Versa and still not syncing.

The heart rate also freezed on the app screen.
I think the problem is with the app not the versa as Versa heart rate is working.

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nohazem and @SunsetRunner I appreciate your participation in the Forums, thanks for joining the conversation. 

Thanks for taking the time to report this situation as well and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried. At this moment, I would like to ask you to go to the Sleep Section of the online Dashboard and check if your sleep logs are showing correctly here. If they are, please try the following in the Fitbit app:

• Force-quit the app, then open it again. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

Additionally, I would like to ask you for some screenshots, from the online Dashboard and from the Fitbit app regarding the sleep bar chart, so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes