Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages inconsistent

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I've been waiting a long time to be able to see the sleep stages on my app, and the night before last, it finally showed! Then last night, it went back to the old way. I have a charge 2. Can anyone tell me why? Also, I tried to attach a screenshot to show what it looks like, but it won't let me. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

Mine is the same.  Had it for two nights and this morning its gone back to the old way again.

Best Answer

Same here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I had sleep stages info for 7 days (great by the way) and poof, gone. 

Not sure if they are having problems or if they are fine tuning software by crunching data.

Very strange roll out indeed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Anotha@Wahokie and @Gyrly78 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community! It's nice to see you around too @Tuf5tySmiley Happy

I appreciate your enthusiasm regarding our newest feature, "Sleep Stages". Our team has been working very hard to roll-out this feature to all Charge 2 users. If you're not yet seeing Sleep Stages with your Charge 2 device, I recommend double checking the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your Charge 2 uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your Charge 2's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your Charge 2 is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all your suggestions and still having the same issue?  It worked every day since you updated the software to the new sleep stages and then just stoped the last three days? Help?!?

Best Answer

I'm with you on that. It has been great not having to remember to track my sleep, or  remembering to hit the gone to bed button. I really would like to have the new feature back again! Because it really was giving me great insight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Gibbygm and @HurricaneJ, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know that you're still experiencing this issue. I'll make sure to forward the information to our team so they can check this further. Thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you'd like to add please feel free to reply.

Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Fitbit Charge 2 two days ago. The first night the sleep graph showed the various sleep stages; Awake, REM, Light, Deep.  But today it only shows; Awake, Restless, Asleep. Both nights I slept over eight hours, the battery is well charged, and I wore the watch the same way both nights.

It looks like many users have reported a similar issue. Most of the time the response is to assume the user is doing something wrong. Perhaps there is a problem with the devices, or the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes